Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful applicant will be overseeing and developing the
predictive/preventative maintenance program. The successful applicant is expected to
- Promote a positive health, safety and environment culture and the Internal Responsibility System.
- Participate in the planning of all major shutdowns working collaboratively with operations and any external stakeholders.
- Oversee the collection of process plant maintenance data (e.g., equipment performance histories) and the development
of related reports.
- Report on the efficiency of maintenance activities and investigate any deviations from maintenance schedules.
- Review maintenance schedules with maintenance planners and assist with the preparation of short, medium and
long-term maintenance plans
- Assess and evaluate company and contractor SOP’s and SJP’s with respect to efficiency and quality, as well as from a
safety, health, and environment perspective.
- Investigate and analyze equipment breakdown history/trends to resolve maintenance practice deficiencies and improve
the quality of repairs.
- Perform equipment inspections when required to determine work quality and appropriateness of planned maintenance
- Monitor the availability of spare parts and ensure a spare parts strategy is in place and functional.
- Provide electrical and mechanical expertise and apply advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills to assist
operations, maintenance and technical personnel in identifying and solving day-to-day equipment problems.
- Develop and implement a process to prioritize any back log in work orders to ensure timely equipment inspections,
maintenance, and repair.
- Develop, implement, and co-ordinate a maintenance work order system and schedule including the work order process
- Coordinate work to maintain an appropriate balance between workload and plant equipment availability.
- Ensure procedures and practices are appropriate, meet all statutory/regulatory requirements and are used by all
electrical/instrumentation tradesmen and apprentice’s.
- Make recommendations for future equipment and labour requirements based on current business plans.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure effective decision making and alignment across the operation.
- Champion activities that contribute to the overall achievement of ‘World Class’ safety performance where safety is owned
and embraced by everyone.
- Ensure employees within your area are equipped with the proper training, tools and direction to safely complete their
work and all legislative requirements are met.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical) or a trades certification
- 10 years of large scale mining operations experience with 5 years of management or supervisory experience
- Knowledge and understanding of all Ontario health, safety and environmental acts and legislation related to mining
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and an annual incentive program
- Extended health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Performance-based incentive plan
- Relocation allowance or camp accommodation