Maplesoft Group is currently seeking a JAVA Developer to join one of our clients located in Calgary.
The successful candidate will conduct requirement gathering and analysis to understand the domain of the software problem and/or functionality, the interfaces between hardware and software, and the overall software characteristics. Work with Solution architects and technical lead to understand application, database and integration technologies, including solution and service-oriented architectures and their breakdown into solution designs.
Work as part of a team contributing to designing and developing successful software and supporting software testing, deployment, maintenance, and evolution activities by correcting programming errors, responding to scope changes, and coding software enhancements. Applying knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with users and clients to determine what their needs are and develop the software to meet the requirements.
- Create development plan and assign tasks to junior developers and other employees
- Work with architects and colleagues to produce system designs and test artifacts and recommend upgrades to existing systems as required.
- Create integration plans, flow diagrams and models that show programmers how the code will work together for the software.
- Work with other computer specialists and collaborate within the company to develop software.
- Develop code for multiple categories including end-user applications and utility software either as stand-alone applications or enterprise systems to create optimum systems for the business
- Create documentation that detail how applications or systems work together to ensure they’re maintained properly in the future and to help with any upgrades.
- Provide code and database administration in live and test environments.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
- Participate in meetings with team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the Project Manager/Technical Lead.
- Understand secure software development best practices and able to guide junior developers
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent Application development experience
- 10+ years of experience as a Senior Java Developer or similar role
- Experience designing, building and testing Java enterprise applications
- In-depth knowledge of popular Java frameworks like JSF and Spring MVC
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design (OOD)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience with complex data relationships and operating environments
- Good delegation and time management skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Experience with MQ messaging or other messaging systems
- Experience working closely with the business to arrive at an optimal solution in terms of functionality, timelines, and implementation
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Experience with test-driven development
Maplesoft Group prides itself on its distinct corporate culture and recognizes that success is a direct reflection of our most valuable asset - our people. Therefore, attitude and ambition are key personality traits we seek out, along with skill and aptitude, in potential employees.
We thank you for your interest in Maplesoft Group and wish to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.