Our client is looking for a Journeyman Electrician for their site in Cromer, MB.
This job involves performing preventive maintenance, servicing, calibration, troubleshooting and repair of electrical, electronic, PLC, SCADA, microprocessor, high voltage switchgear, building HVAC systems, and metering/measurement instrumentation equipment to ensure accuracy, reliability, and safety.
Also responsible for Emergency Response including First Responder duties, containment and clean-up, as well as technical on-call to provide 7 day X 24 hr coverage.
- Ensures accurate documentation and records of all duties as listed in primary focus by use of such programs as Maximo, eSource, Lotus Notes and Safe Work Permits.
- Wide responsibility in regards to construction which may include installing, inspecting, and/or commissioning of new electrical and electronic equipment key to pipeline operation.
- Keep all drawings up to date to reflect all changes including as-builts for projects under his/her control.
- Applies excellent interpersonal skills with internal staff, external departments and customers to ensure that all maintenance and repair of electrical equipment is carried out safely and efficiently.
- All Electrical work is prioritized to ensure the operation of our pipeline continues as required by Control Center Operations. This includes providing on-call services for after hour requests in order to repair failed equipment.
- By possessing a thorough knowledge of piping, valve configuration, and procedures for public safety the Electrical Technologist may assume the role of First Responder to all Pipeline, Station and Terminal emergencies and will be involved in all phases of response, including securing the site, containment and clean-up.
- Maintain Company tools and equipment as well as assigned on-call vehicle in safe working condition.
- Exercise and possess excellent safety standards in daily work, including safe driving, attending safety meetings, participating in annual Emergency Response exercises and safety training, and following all Company policies and procedures.
- Is familiar and complies with the guidelines and procedures set out in the various Company manuals.
- Additionally, the successful candidate may be required to supervise contract personnel
- Knowledge of all piping and valve configuration of base station, ROW including valve sites and control points, sampling locations, remote pump stations, and ROW transmitter sites.
- Knowledge of PLC's, RTAP, Flow Computer, and SCADA systems including programming and troubleshooting.
- Supervise Contract Personnel.Demonstrates good cooperation, coordination and communication of work activities with other work groups in operating area (Mechanical, Electrical, Operations and Pipeline Maintenance) as well as all other internal and external customers as listed above.
- Cromer Area Maintenance Department (Mechanical and Electrical)
- Cromer Area Leadership Team- including Area Manager, Department Supervisors, Area admin staff and area employees – contact as required in order to achieve daily objectives and work activities.
- Job Planner (future)- interacts daily to assist with planning, scheduling and execution of maintenance activites
- Regional Maximo Admin – interacts as required to input, track and close job work orders
- Outage Coordinator- collaborates to attain work outages as required
- Edmonton Control Centre- communicates directly with ECC as required in regard to any issues related to operation of pipeline assets in the Regina area
- Regional Support Services- reaches out to various individuals in the Prairie regional offices as required for support needed in day to day operations, work planning, or technical advice.
- External contacts would include Contractors, vendors, technical advisors and Subject Matter Experts (SME) as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Electrical, Electronic, or Instrumentation Diploma/ Certificate from a recognized technical program and/or:
- Journeyman certificate in Construction, Industrial, or Power Electrician.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years experience in an industrial electrical field or Electrical Technologist position.
- Possesses essential computer skills to work with existing and developing programs such as Maximo, MS Office, Webcad, Lotus Notes, and eSource, various SCADA and PLC Interfaces.Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Driver’s license and good driving record
- Mix of office and field environment.
- Working in hazardous or restricted locations such as pump rooms, confined spaces, tank lots, and classified areas within Schedule based on 40 hours/week unless working under Alternate Working Arrangements (AWA)
- Position to be located in Cromer, Mb.
- Required to reside within 45 min of Cromer Facility.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.