We believe that outstanding care starts with outstanding people.
At Runnymede Healthcare Centre, we actively cultivate work-life balance and invest in the resources our staff need to do their best work.
Our award-winning, fully accredited hospital takes an inter-professional team approach to care. We provide comprehensive clinical services to patients who require expert treatment, extended rehabilitation and daily care beyond what can be provided at home or in the community. At Runnymede we have a single, clear purpose: improve the quality of life of every patient, every day.
If you want to join a centre of excellence with a multidisciplinary team who supports the delivery of patient-centered care, we want to hear from you today.
UTILIZATION COORDINATOR – INTAKE – Temporary Full-Time - The Utilization Coordinator - Intake serves as the coordinating contact between the referring organization, inter-professional team, patient and/or Substitute Decision Maker (SDM). The Utilization Coordinator - Intake works collaboratively with the referring agency, inter-professional team, patient and/or SDM to facilitate a safe and efficient transition to Runnymede Healthcare Centre (Runnymede) on admission. As the primary contact for all admissions, (s)he provides all pertinent information to patients and families prior to and during the admission process, assesses each patient placement and ensures access to services required by the patient.
Application Deadline: December 13, 2019 @ 16h00
- Plans, coordinates and manages all inpatient referrals and admissions to Runnymede.
- Works collaboratively with the referring source to ensure awareness of the admission criteria and application process to Runnymede.
- Evaluates the application for admission to determine appropriateness for admission based on admission criteria.
- Conduct pre-admission interviews and clinical assessment to evaluate appropriateness of referred patients based on established program’s inclusion and exclusion criteria, including patient’s ability to succeed within a high intensity rehabilitative care delivery model.
- Reviews each application for accuracy, ensures all forms are complete, and identifies any potential issues that may delay the admission process.
- Coordinates the date and time of patient admissions or transfers with the referring/receiving facility.
- Establishes the initial contact with the referral source.
- Conducts a home assessment or an assessment at the acute care facility, as deemed necessary, to determine the patient’s suitability for admission.
- Facilitates and coordinates seamless flow of external patient admissions, transfers, and discharges that ensure "the right patient is placed in the right bed at the right time" and identify potential barriers that may delay admission/discharge prior to admission, to optimize maximum bed capacity.
- Meet with patient and family presenting for potential admission and conduct information sessions with them related to the program, its expectations and service delivery model prior to transfer to Runnymede. Share Runnymede accommodation information including brochures regarding services and programs to eligible candidates.
- Liaises with inter-professional team members as required to plan a safe and effective transition of care.
- Liaises with the patient and/or SDM to provide ongoing support/education during the preadmission phase, as required.
- Meets with the patient/SDM on the day of admission to complete the required admission forms.
- Serve as a liaison to referral source for all Runnymede programs to ensure appropriate patient fit to the program.
- Works collaboratively with the clinical operation leadership team to develop strategies/Clinical Pathways to improve and enhance admission and flow.
- Manages the waiting list and occupancy in accordance with Runnymede’s Bed Management Guidelines.
- Monitors patient transfers to acute care and ensures compliance to bed holding processes and standards.
- Develops and maintains a strong relationship with referral sources, and continuously promotes/educates community partners regarding Runnymede programs and services.
- Delivers presentations to highlight programs and services offered at Runnymede to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides work direction to the Health Information Administrator.
- Maintains accurate patient flow statistics, identifies trends and makes recommendations for improvement to Management.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Diploma is a healthcare related field
- Minimum four (4) years clinical experience preferably in a Rehabilitation/Complex Continuing Care setting
- Member is good standing with a professional healthcare related regulatory college required
- Demonstrated expertise with geriatric, neurological and MSK conditions
- Experience with hospital bed flow management preferred
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work co-operatively and constructively within an inter-professional healthcare team
- Effective verbal and written communication to successfully work with all levels of the organization
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Runnymede Healthcare Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA).
Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Rehabilitation and Complex Continuing Care: 4 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)