We are seeking a dedicated Network Administrator in Calgary. Ideal applicants will possess a minimum of 1 year full-time IT experience. The primary function of this position is to assess and handle the technical concerns of clients while adhering to company policies and procedures.
Netsmart is an I.T. Managed Services Provider, serving Western Canada and the United States. We attribute our continued success to the passion and hard work of our diverse team. We offer a challenging work environment that provides continual learning and skills enhancement through team building, additional training, and on-site experience. Network Administrators work closely with our clients, both remotely and on-site, to provide superior support and customer service.
If you are seeking a rewarding career with a dynamic and dedicated team of IT Professionals, apply today!
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- IT support on technical related requests in person, over the phone or email. Ticket creation and monitoring of resolution status
- Managing network infrastructure and implementation, including monitoring of network traffic and server optimization
- Network administration and maintenance of local area network services such as firewalls, switches, and other devices
- Maintenance of hardware and software through monitoring, configuring, troubleshooting, upgrading, and repair. Cleanup and maintenance of existing systems as needed.
- Ongoing maintenance and improvements in VMware infrastructure.
- Implementation and maintenance of corporate backup systems
- Administer virus protection and removal
- Coordinate vendor technical support as required
- Implement and comply with site-specific operations and security policies
- Implements, maintains, and adheres to all IT policies and procedures as set by Netsmart management
- Travel as needed to remote client sites
- Assisting other IT teams as needed
- Must be available to participate in rotating emergency on-call support and weekend projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in a full-time IT role.
- Technical diploma or equivalent employment experience preferred
- Preference given to those who have Microsoft or VMWare certifications
- Preference given to those who have experience with VMware ESXi 5.0 or higher, Exchange 2010 or higher, Server 2008 or higher
- Strong technical aptitude, especially relating to PC hardware. Competence with basic hand tools and mechanical aptitude to successfully perform hardware installation and maintenance.
- Class 5 Drivers License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Criminal background check required upon offer of employment
Why work for us?
- We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with your experience. Starting salary range of $60,000-$75,000 annually, performance review after 3 months.
- Attractive benefits package, including health, dental and vision.
- Bonuses and mileage paid
- Dynamic and supportive team environment
- Work as an IT consultant with the opportunity to build strong relationships with dedicated clients.
- Not just a help-desk – We focus on service above all else
- Staff events and team building activities
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Network Administration: 1 year (Required)