Reporting directly to the Deputy Chief Support Services and the Deputy Chief Operational Services provides confidential executive level secretarial and administrative support. Responsible for the coordination of the administrative function within the Offices of the Deputy Chiefs of Police.
- Completion of Community College Office Administration certificate/diploma.
- Five (5) years of pre-job experience in support of a senior manager.
- Certified Professional Secretary (CPS) or Administrative Profession (CAP) certification is an asset.
- Evidence of maintaining and enhancing professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops and seminars.
- Excellent customer Service and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent organization, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word; Typing (minimum 50 wpm), PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Ability to create and edit documents.
- Time management and organizational skills to ensure required work is completed in accordance with strict deadlines.
- Preparation of correspondence, reports and presentations on behalf of the Deputy Chiefs of Police. Documents include confidential letters, memoranda, Personnel/Routine Orders, Board Reports, evaluations, budget documents and various ad hoc reports as needed.
- Prioritize and manage the overall workflow within the Offices of the Deputy Chiefs to ensure appropriate distribution of information, the timely response to inquiries through accurate t-filing and tracking system development and maintenance, inclusive of reviewing and appropriately directing email and related correspondence.
- Schedule and maintain the Deputy Chiefs' appointments/calendars ensuring appropriate availability of the Deputy Chiefs at meetings, special events, seminars, speaking engagements, memorials, parades, openings and other functions. This includes making travel arrangements for out of region activities as necessary.
- Respond to telephone and mail inquiries from outside agencies, the media and the public redirecting as necessary ensuring appropriate tact, professionalism and confidentiality is maintained.
- Maintain and archive all records and files, manual and automated, according to Retention and Destruction of Records General Order.
- Attend meetings, prepare agendas, electronically transcribe and distribute minutes as necessary.
- Liaise with all levels of the Service to facilitate the daily operation of the Service.
- Plan, organize and attend special functions.
- Provide administrative support and guidance to the offices of the Chiefs of Police, Superintendents/Directors and the Executive Officers to the Deputy Chiefs as needed.
- Maintain a current knowledge of necessary software applications and emerging technologies to ensure efficiency and support continuous improvement of administrative processes.
- The above duties are representative of the position and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,642.03 /year
- pre-job: 5 years (Required)
- CPS (Preferred)
- CAP (Preferred)