Position : Addictions Support Worker
Closing Date : Open Until Filled
Type : Relief (varied shifts/round-the-clock)
Location : Surrey
Nature of Work : Overnight, Weekend & Statutory Holidays
Posting #1 : 2310-112019
We are a human rights and social services charitable not-for-profit agency for women, girls, and children affected by the justice system.
EFry is committed to the belief that people are willing and able to take responsibility for their own lives if provided with the resources, opportunities and skills to do so. We value working together with others who are committed to equality, fairness, and opportunity for those we serve.
- Support the overall functioning of the substance use treatment program and the residents
- Establish rapport and provide a warm, safe supportive environment for women
- Record all activities and interactions with participants as part of the ongoing case management
- Monitor the day-to-day operations of residence to ensure quality control for all equipment and maximum cleaning effectiveness in adherence to licensing regulation
- Facilitate psychoeducational & treatment groups
- Establish case management plans with an emphasis on relapse prevention
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A Diploma in a related field plus 2 years’ experience in a similar environment, preferably with substance-use services or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of substance use and mental health
- Experience working in a licensed facility is an asset
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Willingness to obtain Current Food Safe Level 1 and First-Aid CPR-C Certification
- Doctor’s Note of fitness required
- Negative TB skin test
- Ability to obtain Criminal Record Check for children and vulnerable adults (local, provincial)
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
Efry actively promotes a program of employment equity and equal opportunity to ensure equal access to employment opportunity for all persons.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Casual
- social services: 1 year (Preferred)