Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg is looking for a high performing Project Manager to lead our A320 Program. The type of individual who will succeed will have a can-do, no-excuse and driven hands-on approach to leading multi-disciplinary teams in our major Airbus program. This is a highly visible role within the largest Magellan Aerospace operation in North America.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- In the first weeks, develop the Project Master Plan, including identifying resources, budget and timelines. Lead the team (made up of management and associates) in ensuring that the program remains on track and on budget. Raise change requests as needed to minimize drifting out of scope as changes are needed. Work closely with the commercial and operations leaders to ensure that resources are being deployed effectively. Act as the key contact with the customer; ensure that overall program status and any issues with regards to Quality, Delivery and Cost are consistently reviewed and status understood; solid customer relationship and customer satisfaction is a prime objective. Ensure that there is good communication surrounding the program (both internally and externally). This includes overall status, schedules (deliveries and projects), accomplishments, areas that need improvement, customer feedback, etc. Lead regular program/project reviews with key stakeholders. Engage all stakeholders, emphasizing focus on tasks by driving completions of milestones and deliverables as well as holding stakeholders accountable through their direct management chain.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- 10+ years of hands-on experience leading manufacturing projects, cradle to grave; direct Aerospace sector project management experience will be given preference. 5+ years of experience working in a precision-manufacturing and highly regulated environment. Experience leading Multi-million dollars, multi-year projects. Budgets, Planning and Reporting experience with a strong emphasis on reporting to senior leadership and program teams as planned, actual and recovery actions.
- Several years in Aerospace product manufacturing. Experience working with Union workforce. SAP or other ERP roll out experience. Lean Black Belt or equivalent experience. ISO and AS9100 exposure. Experience in a matrixed business structure.
Skills & Competencies
- Highly organized and Results driven with a ‘never give up’ approach. Polished presenter; comfortable presenting information to all levels within the organization (from floor to exec office). Change agent who is not afraid to challenge legacy processes and the status quo with the goal of continuous improvement. Data driven.
- Degree or diploma in engineering, physical sciences or business, or equivalent industry experience. PMP designation (or Equivalent experience with PMBOK or Prince2) required. MBA with Operations or Project Management focus preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Lean Certified Black Belt preferred.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.