Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. Opened October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Senior Technical Analyst to join our Information Systems & Telecommunications team.
Working collaboratively within the IS&T team and reporting to the IT Manager, the successful incumbent will deliver third level support, innovative customer focused service by analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving Infrastructure server hardware/software and application related issues to hospital Staff, Physician and Volunteers in an efficient and courteous manner.
Hours of work:
- Proactively plans, creates, builds and manages the Technical Support component within the Information Systems & Telecommunications department.
- Provides advice and recommendations to the CTO and Manager relative to the establishment of major project priorities.
- Understands the hospital data and information needs of the corporation at a high level and liaises with the Telecommunications Manager, I.S. Applications Analysts, and Developers.
- Provides the corporation with appropriate, integrate, innovative and cost-effective information systems technology solutions. Technology includes but not limited to Hardware, Operating Systems and Network components.
- Ensures that all Technical areas function with full security and integrity controls.
- Provides advance Sr. level Technical support, troubleshooting and Incident Management for all backend systems IT integration.
- Provides Technical oversight for administration, integrity, security, storage and disaster recovery of data.
- Supports continuous improvement to the ongoing services delivered by the Technical team and overall Information Systems & Telecommunications while recognizing the needs and expectations of the clients. Coaches staff respectively.
- Builds and maintains a strong technical team with the overall Information Systems & Telecommunications Team. Responsible for training when necessary
- Establishes and maintains vendor relationships and contractual terms to maximize return on resource expenditures for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Represents the Hospital for matters related to the Technical area to all external contacts.
- Develops and executes plans which service to align Technical Information Systems staff, technologies and other resources with the Humber River Hospital management strategic direction.
- Contributes to the development and evolvement of the HRH Information Management strategic direction
- Partners with Technical related departments to provide direction for the implementation of a total hospital-wide information system.
- Supports the CTO and Manager in the continual integration enhancement and standardization of information systems, policies and procedures to maintain pace with technological progress, economic change and business needs across the enterprise.
- Identifies impacts on current and planned resources in the area of responsibility.
- Facilitates and achieves workload tracking, reporting and proactive maintenance. Utilizes standard methodologies and approaches (i.e. System Life Cycle, change control, project management).
- Keeps the CTO and Manager aware of any item of which s/he should have knowledge
- Performs other projects or duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of University and/or Community College diploma in a computer technology program
- A highly developed customer-service orientation is essential
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required
- Must have strong advance Sr. level technical experience in Microsoft server administration, MS SQL, VMware, Cisco Switches/Cores/ASA Firewalls/Intrusion Prevention and Detection, Storage Area Networks (EMC, Compellent, etc.)
- Must have a valid Cisco -CCIE Designation
- Certified Microsoft Server 2012/SQL2012 and above
- Certified Microsoft Exchange 2013 and above
- Micro Soft System Center Configuration Manager
- CCIE Routing and Switching/Wireless/Security
- Certified VMware/VCenter Technology
- Certified Dell Compellent storage and EMC storage
- Certified Avaya VOIP Gateway
- Certified ITIL Foundation
Interested applicants are required to submit an Application before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.