Bennett’s began in 1926 in the beautiful community of Trent Hills, Ontario. Now doing business out of three large state-of-the-art showrooms, Bennetts has successfully modernized its products and services while staying true to its small-town roots of being community-minded and people-oriented.
KINGSTON STORE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
In this role, you will set the tone for the store team and help to create an exceptional customer experience. Your leadership role is critical in supporting the execution of the store’s strategy to achieve performance goals and drive profitable sales growth through all aspects of the store, including the Front Office department (reception), In-store shuttle, Delivery personnel and the Sales team. Some travel will be required to Peterborough, especially during initial training. You will take part in ongoing training and development including an option to attend international buying show(s).
- Recruit, hire and develop people in all positions to drive a culture of high performing employees that provide an extraordinary customer experience day after day
- Coach your team through ongoing learning, talent development and succession planning particularly for the Decorator Sales Consultants
- Guide your team in the execution of merchandising and operational standards, and in dealing with specific issues such as ensuring sufficient inventory, driving effective operation processes, product knowledge and troubleshooting problems.
- Drive sales results in this growing location and maintain the store’s position as Kingston’s favourite for furniture, mattresses, Interior Design, and décor!
- Monthly scheduling with consideration for specialty events such as shows and promotions
- Attendance and time off approvals through company’s time and attendance system
- Resolve escalated customer service issues efficiently and effectively
- Promote and create a positive work environment and maintain a high level of employee morale and engagement
- Ensure store adherence to company policies/procedures as well as Health and Safety protocols
- Ensure that a clean and safe environment is always top-of-mind, keeping the safety of yourself, your team, and our customers as a key priority
- Must have experience in at least one of the following:
- Sales or a related position
- Management of a retail store
- Management of a business unit or department (not industry specific)
- The furniture industry (or a related industry)
- Management of sales people with incentive based compensation plans
- Strong ability to prioritize
- Sense of urgency specifically regarding customer service follow-up
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to decorate would be considered an asset
- Post-secondary education not required but would be considered an asset
- If you are a candidate with C-level experience, we are interested in you. Please contact [email protected]d a phone call can be arranged with the owner.
- Full-time; permanent
- Tuesday – Saturday 8:30am – 5:30pm (Flexibility offered for weekends off)
- Competitive compensation (Negotiable)
- Bonus plan
- 10 paid sick days & paid vacation
- Benefits, partially paid by the company including dental
- Excellent employee discount
With family values at our core, we have earned a reputation for providing a fantastic work environment. Apply now and join the Senior Leadership Team to bring the Kingston location to the next level!
Reason for Job Opening: Our current store manager is relocating out of the province to be closer to family. We thank him and wish him all the best! Now we are looking for the next passionate leader to fill this position.
Thank you for submitting your resume, we look forward to reaching out to qualified applicants. Video submissions are also welcome along with a resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $100,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kingston, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you currently eligible to work in Canada?
- Management: 5 years (required)
Work Location: One location