HIRING!!! TRACTOR OPERATOR/DRIVER
Current position available:
- Tractor operator (John Deere 6 series or Kubota M6) (1 position left)
Previous experience with tractors/trucks and farm equipment is preferred and is an asset. Must be able to drive a manual transmission and be able to reverse a trailer proficiently. You will be working with another operator in another tractor or on your own depending on the route or location. The tractors have full cabs with A/C, Radio, etc. You will be mowing grass on fields and right-of-ways on HydroOne land and traveling down roads/ highways between fields.
iPads with Google Maps are setup in the cabs for directions and detailed overlays.
You will occasionally need to stay in provided hotels when working in remote areas depending on where you live.
You will need a reliable vehicle to drive yourself to the different tractor locations on a daily basis. A ride back to your vehicle will be provided at the end of the day.
Hours are flexible but you will need to commit to a consistent schedule in order to complete the work in time.
The ideal candidate will be a self-driven, responsible operator, skilled with running tractors or heavy equipment and demonstrate a high level of care with the machinery so that they do not incur costly damages.
Season is from May 1st - October 30th.
Approx. 40hr weeks.
All equipment is new and/or fully maintained and cleaned regularly.
Work will be from Mississauga to Niagara Falls.
- Operate tractor with a 15ft batwing rotary mower
- Assist with equipment maintenance and/or repair
- Performs other duties as required
- Valid Driver's License (G2 or higher)
- Reliable means of transportation to the shop or job-site
- Access to a smartphone for communication, service verification apps and routing
- Skilled in reversing a trailer
- Able to drive a manual transmission
- Positive and helpful attitude!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Can you back up a trailer proficiently?
- Are you able to operate/ drive a manual transmission?
- What dates/times are you able to meet?
- What are your wage expectations?
- Do you have a reliable vehicle for transportation to the jobsites?
- Drivers licence (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-07-04