Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
We look for motivated people who want to learn and welcome those who can articulate strong parallel knowledge or drive that will demonstrate an ability to get up to speed quickly. Working with the Global IT Engineering team, you will be responsible to create and administer AWS resources as part of solution deployment.
- Good knowledge of implementation of a variety of secure & scalable cloud infrastructure solutions on AWS.
- Good knowledge scalable designs for migrating applications to AWS, Azure, private clouds.
- Support the client team by creating solution options and estimates for cloud migration projects.
- Collaborate closely with customer point of contacts as well as internal teams to optimize delivery.
- Document standard operating procedures with appropriate controls to ensure smooth delivery.
- Be the cloud champion by continuously learning new technologies and identifying technical areas for client to invest in, to stay ahead in the market.
- Follow cloud technologies roadmap so that new solutions can be proposed to customers.
- Good understanding / knowledge of implementation of AWS organizations, IAM policies and AWS network architecture including VPCs, Subnets, Direct Connect
- Prepares and submits project status reports.
- Performs related technical duties as assigned.
- Provides technical support, training, guidance and consultation as required for other IT staff.
- Writes all necessary system, user and operations documentation.
- Develops and gives presentations to communicate technical concepts to user staff and occasionally management.
- Keeps current with software industry developments related to the application environment.
- Makes recommendations for continued improvements and provides technological solutions for system functionality and efficiency.
- This position requires on-call duties after hours on a regular basis from a problem-solving perspective as well as installing new systems or upgrades during off-hours, in order to minimize the impact on end-users use of their systems.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Experience with Linux & Windows environments.
- Strong Bash, Python, or PowerShell scripting knowledge
- Hands-on cloud experience in AWS.
- Practical experience designing and building solutions utilizing AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS IAM, ECS.
- Experience with one or more orchestration/automation platforms: AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Ansible etc.
- Practical experience working in DevOps team/organizations with applied skills in scripting, Git, and CI/CD.
- Versed in cloud security and must be able to educate customers on moving to the cloud.
- Understanding of Containers. ECS, Docker, Kubernetes experience would be an asset.
Should possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Consistent incorporation of best practices and standards in delivery.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills able to influence customer stakeholders.
- Team player & ability to work proactively, provide mentor ship & directions to the team & take technical decisions with minimal supervision.
- Eagerness to learn new technology/new concepts.
- Good To Have AWS Certified Solutions architect Associate.
- Experience provisioning, administering and troubleshooting a majority of services on Cloud Platforms.
- Experience in automation using one or more automation platforms such as Python, Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
This is a full-time position based out of Kanata or Smith Falls.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.