Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 30 stores along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating over 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Are you passionate about providing excellent customer service?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a 50 Best Managed Company and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
If so, come join our growing team!
Grocery Gateway Shopper (All Shifts / Multiple Vacancies / Part Time)
What you’ll do;
- Play a key role in the accuracy, quality, and food safety of products being delivered
- Accurate order picking and assembly using conveyor system
- Use RF guns to accurately pick orders
- Pick with company metrics (‘picks per hour’) while maintaining acceptable levels of order accuracy
- Maintain high levels of customer service by following best-pick practices for fresh produce and verifying best-before-dates
- Understanding of how to pick and enter weight date into RF guns for random weight items
- Skilled in paper-based order picking (when technology not available due to system failures)
- Strong familiarity with store layout and products
- May work in a variety of temperature controlled departments ranging from 4 degrees to 14 degrees Celsius
What we are looking for;
o Monday to Sunday:
- Availability to work 4-5 days per week including weekends
Days: 5am-2pm or Overnight 8pm to 5am
- Strong customer service skills
- Team Members who work safely
- Passion to work in the food industry
- Ability to work in high-paced, time-constraint environment
Why join our team?
- Competitive wages and flexible benefits
- It is a place to grow and purse excellence
- We care and treat you like family
- A culture of teamwork and collaboration
- We celebrates and rewards our Team Members
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6