Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
This position acts as a key resource to nursing and other clinical hospital staff, mainly during non-business hours. The scope of the role involves providing management, administrative and clinical leadership to staff in a supportive, empowering manner while facilitating the effective and efficient use of staff resources, flow of patients and management of incidents or issues as they arise. The incumbent will work collaboratively with the health care team, including physicians, to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of Patient Family Centered Care.
This role is pivotal to support the organization after hours. The Shift Manager provides on-site administrative, clinical and professional support for staff, patients, families and physicians.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Bachelor’s degree in a clinical-related discipline
- Current member of a regulated health profession
- BCLS program, level II: Basic rescuer certification required
- Minimum 3 years’ management / supervisory experience, in a health care environment.
- Sound knowledge of professional standards and quality assurance guidelines
- Evidence of ability to apply collective agreement and other related legislation provisions in the health care environment.
- Evidence of innovative leadership and critical thinking skills with proven ability to foster a collaborative team approach to decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in negotiation, conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Ability to relate effectively with front-line staff, management, physicians, patients and families.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Available for evening and weekend shifts, with the ability to travel between sites.
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.