New Haven Learning Centre (New Haven) is seeking a motivated and dedicated Fundraising and Development Manager to support our efforts to offer services to those with autism and related disorders. If you are looking to impact the lives of others and have at least 3-5 years of experience in the fundraising sector, this is the role for you!
New Haven is seeking a qualified fundraising professional to build on the marketing strategies that we want to focus on in building our organization and inspiring our local and extended community to support our service recipients. This can involve all forms of face-to-face marketing including canvassing neighborhoods, business to business, gala fundraising, web-based campaigns etc.
We are seeking a well- spoken and motivated individual to promote our charitable non-profit organization within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and across Ontario.
- Full time/ Part time wage, no commission
- Regular salary reviews
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program, and benefits after 6 months
- Supportive, comprehensive training
- A commitment to industry networking and leadership opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- We ask for a minimum of 3 shifts/week (Monday-Sunday)
- Daytime or Evening shifts may be available, Monday-Saturday. Full time/Part time may be considered
- You must thrive in a leading role and be eager to build a fundraising team
- Work in alignment with the Executive Director, you will actively engage with the public and private sectors to inspire potential donors to become direct supporters of New Haven
- You will review existing fundraising strategies and further develop new initiatives to increase the donation commitments to date
- You will work with the Executive Director to represent our charity in a professional and ethical way and focus on achieving fundraising goals to support the agencies overall Strategic Plan
- You will develop a reporting protocol for fundraising targets
- You will actively build on the success of the annual fundraising gala and create new means of fundraising for the cause
Donor Solicitation, Stewardship and Communication
- You will develop and design professional, compelling materials including print and online/digital resources
- You will manage volunteers and service support team across all fundraising efforts
- You will regularly update, coordinate, and manage the donor database and solicit new donors as well as current or past donors to deepen their commitment
- You will lead the research into grant and foundation funding opportunities and keep track of application deadlines
- You will prepare and consult with the Executive Director on funding proposals
- You have 3-5 years of previous fundraising or sales experience and are comfortable working with the public.
- You are a motivated and well -spoken individual, and have confidence in your ability to engage new donors
- You have experience monitoring and reporting performance results and KPIs and are a team leader during fundraising events
- You have experience with donor appeals ranging from one-on-one meetings with major donors to mass mail-outs and emails/ social media blasts
- You have a track record of training, coaching, motivating and developing fundraisers or sales staff
- You can tell clear, compelling stories both in writing and in person, and know how to design materials that are professional and engaging
- You take accountability for your work, know how to keep others accountable in a positive and caring way, and are comfortable being accountable to the board and staff collective
- You have proficiency in working with databases and spreadsheets to manage and analyze donor data
- You are positive and energetic, thrive in an environment that encourages critical thinking
- You are well-organized, and able to prioritize work
- A desire to make a difference for the charity you represent.
If this sounds like a career position you would like to get involved with, feel free to forward your resume with salary expectation.
Please submit your resume and a letter to the attached address to apply (ideally as a single PDF).
The letter should describe: Your experience with fundraising, including organizations you have raised money for, the amount of money you raised, the types of donors you worked with, and the strategies you implemented that made the difference in your level of success, how you understand New Haven's focus on “growing potential and changing lives”, and your requested salary for the position.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00pm Friday September 27 th , 2019; please note that we will be reviewing and evaluating applications on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is found; we encourage early applications.
Selected applicants will be invited for in-person interviews at New Haven main campus office. Interviews may be individual or in group. Please be prepared to ensure a clear Vulnerable Sector Screen has been completed in advance of any offer of employment.
Facebook: New Haven Learning Centre
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)