Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, the Regulatory Compliance Manager is the Responsible Person (RP) within the licensed outdoor site. This role is the sole liaison and critical communication channel between the license holder and Health Canada. This is a unique opportunity to work in a large, outdoor cultivation capacity.
BZAM is as awesome as it sounds!We are an integrated cannabis company whose mission and brand stand for quality and integrity.Our commitment to excellence, service and employee satisfaction is demonstrated in our agile and strategic approach to market entry and investment in our people.As an emerging company in a rapid growth industry, BZAM’sinnovative and accomplished leadership team is the cornerstone of our business and portfolio development.
Required Responsibilities as per Cannabis Regulations:
- Act as the official point of contact with Health Canada during on-site inspections, both in written communication and via the Cannabis Tracking and Licensing System (CTLS);
- Assume authority to bind the licensed site and its associated activities to adhere to compliance of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations;
- Be responsible for all activities performed by the license holder;
- Submit, secure and maintain a valid security clearance;
Job Scope Responsibilities:
- Manage the licensed site’s Regulatory Department (Regulatory Specialist and Regulatory Associates) and direct Regulatory project and programs collaboratively and cross departmentally (i.e. Operations, Quality Assurance, Security);
- Function as the outward facing regulatory administrative body towards other regulatory bodies (i.e. CFIA, CRA, CBSA, OGDs, Local Authorities, etc.);
- Develop training programs around regulatory comprehension and compliance; collaborate on training programs with other Departments (i.e. Human Resources, Quality Assurance) and assess training gaps continuously;
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance and Security Departments to develop and perform internal audits regularly to determine regulatory compliance according to Cannabis Regulations;
- Draft and submit licensing applications and permits;
- Conduct regulatory reporting or notification and accurate record keeping via the Cannabis Tracking and Licensing System (CTLS)ensuring regulatory compliance and continuously participating in communications between regulatory stakeholders;
- Disseminate regulatory changes or notifications to relevant departments and individuals within the organization in a timely and efficient manner;
- Continuously monitor the changing regulatory landscape to develop, implement, monitor and assess strategic initiatives for the department and organization in the area of regulations; and
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices for the provisions of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations that apply to the license holder.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s Degree (i.e. Law, Political Science, Chemistry, Food Science, International Relations, Pharmacology, Plant Sciences);
- 7+ years’ senior management experience in a highly regulated field or in regulatory operations (i.e. Cannabis, NHP, Pharma, Government, QA, Legal, Food, Trade Compliance, Health, Environmental);
- Sufficient knowledge of the provisions of the Cannabis Act, Controlled Substances and Drugs Act, and Food and Drugs Act that apply to the license holder;
- Recent criminal record check completed (required prior to hiring);
- Solid ERP, MS Office Suite, Adobe Pro, G-Suite and additional technical proficiency; and
- Valid security clearance (ACMPR or Cannabis Regulations) strongly preferred.
You Are FOCUSED, DETAIL ORIENTED, ORGANIZED AND METHODICAL. Nothing gets by you and you are a master at time management, but flexible with your own time to meet regulatory requirements of the site.
You Are an EXCEPTIONAL LEADER with developed management and coaching skills, a strong sense of integrity and work ethic.
You are a CLEAR COMMUNICATOR capable of speaking professionally, clearly and concisely.
You are a RESEARCH GURU, proficient in researching and retaining complicated compliance knowledge.
You are PROACTIVE in all areas of compliance and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience championing best practices in high-volume, dynamic environments;
- Experience systematically implementing, coordinating and organizing auditable record systems;
- Experience in farming or large scale horticulture considered a strong asset;
- Strong experience in the mitigation and minimization of regulatory related impacts; and
- Experience in interpretation of complex regulatory requirements.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Exceptional culture
***Some living provisions provided due to remote area***
BZAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Regulatory Affairs: 7 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Cannabis Act/Regulations security (Preferred)