As an Industrial Athlete, you will handle an average of 1,500 cases per shift, with each case weighing an average of 30 pounds ‐ but up to 95 pounds. You will also move a lot ‐ walking, standing, stretching, & bending ‐ on average you will walk over 10 kilometers in a single shift. It is very repetitive work, so the ideal person for the job is very self‐motivated & likes to continually challenge themselves. The hours appeal to those who are night owls ‐ shifts typically start early in the afternoon & end in the early morning.
As challenging as this job is, it is also very rewarding. The pay is above average, with opportunity to earn more on each bi‐weekly pay check depending on your ability to work quickly, accurately, & safely. There is also plenty of opportunity for advancement ‐ many of our Management & Senior Leaders started in this very same position & have grown their career with our Fortune 50 Company. Your hard work & dedication can pay off.
- Hand select orders within various warehouse environments of fluctuating temperatures, including Dry, Cooler, and Freezer
- Operate assigned Sysco Order Selection (SOS) unit to scan and create labels; correctly place labels on product. - Stack product on pallets in accordance with proper selecting procedures (for example, no stacking heavy-on-light, labels facing out, etc.).
- Frequently lift product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 88 pounds; frequently reach and constantly bend and twist while operating a pallet jack and/or forklift, retrieving items from lower shelf areas.
- Operate an electric pallet jack or forklift to transport product.
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations.
- Shrink-wrap product on loading dock.
- Follow sanitation requirements in order to comply with policy set forth by the Company.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to pallet jack, SOS unit, and personal protective equipment. Perform pre and post-trip inspections, and safely operate all mechanical equipment.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Background Check, Physical Abilities Test)
- High school diploma or equivalent - Warehouse experience is an asset
Hours of work:
- You will be able to work up to 4 shifts per week, 10 hours in length.
- Shifts are scheduled between Sunday through Friday with 3 days off per week.
- Shift starts at 5 pm and ends at 3:30 am.
Wage progression as per the collective agreement
- Start: 22.67
- After 6 months: 23.84
- After 12 months: 24.58
- After 24 months: 25.69
- After 36 months: 27.55
- After 48 months: 31.25
Add + $1.15 hourly night shift premium (as applicable).
Eligible for lucrative $ bonus on each pay based on performance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.82-$32.40 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care