HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd. ( Nasdaq: HIVE | TSX.V: HIVE ) is a growth oriented, NASDAQ & TSX.V - listed company building a bridge from the blockchain sector to traditional capital markets, headquartered in
Vancouver, B.C. HIVE owns state-of-the-art green energy-powered data centre facilities in Canada, Sweden, and Iceland which produce newly minted digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum continuously on the cloud. HIVE’s deployments provide shareholders with exposure to the operating margins of digital currency mining as well as a portfolio of crypto-coins.
We are busy as bees over at HIVE and the company is continuing to expand and investing in new equipment.
We have therefore created a new role for an Executive Assistant / Office Manager. Reporting directly to the
Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Executive Assistant (EA) will assist with the day-to-day needs of HIVE’s operations and administration. Responsibilities are very diverse and can evolve with time according to the strengths and passions of the EA.
This role serves as they eyes and ears for the CFO, connecting organizations, projects, and critical business information to the CFO, ensuring meetings and materials are efficient and effective, and serves as a trusted partner to deliver against the priorities of the business.
To perform this job successfully, the individual is expected to handle highly sensitive and confidential financial, legal, personnel and institutional information while exercising professionalism and discretion.
Here are some of the duties…
- Supporting the CFO with calendar management, expense reports, and travel coordination;
- Maintain schedule and coordinate meetings, performing day-to-day administration of the office (i.e. maintain sensitive files, setup & agenda meetings, communicating with outside counsel.) Screen and prioritize correspondence and contracts for review and/or signature by the CFO;
- Management of the corporate email inbox and phone line, including replying to queries from investors, potential investors, partners, and media representatives;
- Supporting the global team with travel coordination;
- Planning conferences /events for the global team;
- Partnering with external marketing team on various global initiatives;
- Maintain company website, including news releases;
- Special projects and other tasks as needed and assigned by the CFO;
- Writing skills sufficient to compose complex and executive level correspondences. Experience working in a position in which composition of business correspondences was a major responsibility;
- You are capable of applying your skills yourself, with a team, and across a variety of use cases; and
- Ability and willingness to travel to industry conferences to support the smooth running of the team’s attendance.
HIVE BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGIES LTD.
Suite 855 – 789 West Pender Street,· Vancouver, BC · V7X 1J1 ·| Canada
We are looking for candidates who enjoy a fast-paced environment with diverse work and a role that offers long-term growth and an opportunity for learning. This position has exposure to executive assistance, finance, legal, marketing, office management, and both general and public company administration.
Candidates will be detail-oriented and will thrive on running efficient processes and meeting deadlines. The successful candidate for this job will be someone who enjoys working as part of a close-knit and collaborative team but can “put their head down” and focus on getting work done.
- 5 - 10 years relevant office administration experience;
- Experience working for a public company is an asset!;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MailChimp, etc.); and
- Excellent verbal and written communication and also interpersonal skills.
HIVE’s head office is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The team works full-time in office.
Base salary commensurate with experience. HIVE also provides a bonus plan at the discretion of the Board.
This position offers a great opportunity for growth as the company has ambitious plans to continue to move forward rapidly in a unique, innovative and cutting-edge industry. HIVE is committed to supporting the professional development of its employees and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Executive & Personal Assistants: 5 years (required)