Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Join us as a values driven leader to oversee and manage the environmental services department in our Retirement community. With your technical expertise, you will take a proactive approach to ongoing maintenance, reliability, and optimization of equipment. In addition, you will ensure that the physical condition of the building is maintained in a condition that reflects the Revera brand while ensuring the safety of residents, employees and guests. Our goal is to exceed our resident's expectations and optimize their experience!
In this role you will be focused on:
What You Will Do:
- Ensuring Resident & Employee Safety
- Achieving Resident Satisfaction & Employee Engagement Survey targets
- Hiring & training a team and creating an engaged workforce
- Living our values and ensuring others on your team do to
- Ensuring Capital Spend and Department Budget is achieved
Collaborate - Work with the Executive Director and residence leadership team to maximize resident satisfaction.
Manage -Effectively manage a team of people and external vendor contracts as well as the room refresh process and department financials.
Roll-up your sleeves - Take a hands-on approach to leading, mentoring, and filling in as required.
Comply - Maintain environmental services in compliance with regulations and company policies and processes.
Cultivate - Build and maintain strong relationships with the community residents, employees, and managers along with the regional support team and vendor partners.
Sustain - Promote a culture and practices in line with environmental sustainability.
What You Bring:
What We Offer:
- Facility Management Professional Technical Program Certification or Trades License (completed or in progress)
- Property Administration Certificate (PAC) (completed or in progress)
- Minimum of three years' experience working in Maintenance or Environmental Services
- Building systems knowledge
- Union management experience
- Better than average computer skills
- Values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion & Excellence
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
- Support from your Regional and National Team
- Technology to help you do your job better
- Benefits and Pension Package
- Better work life balance
What are you waiting for?
Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people through service and innovation.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.