About Phoenix Glass
Founded in 1992, Phoenix Glass is a rapidly growing company specializing in the manufacture and installation of custom made commercial products for large-scale projects, such as commercial buildings, retail properties and residential high-rise developments. We build and distribute products made exclusively of aluminum and architectural glass. With our creative manufacturing and reliable installation teams, Phoenix Glass has earned a well-deserved reputation with architects and entrepreneurs, and carved out a leadership position in the niche market for commercial projects in Western Canada.
As a result of continued growth, Phoenix Glass has an excellent opportunity for a Senior/Intermediate Draftsperson to join our team.
We are looking for a bright and dedicated Senior/Intermediate Draftsperson to join our growing organization. The position requires an understanding of both structural and architectural drafting and design. The ideal candidate will be focused and results-driven, will have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and will be able to interact effectively with people.
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary technician certificate program.
- Five (5) years direct related relevant work experience in glazing field.
- Working knowledge of computer systems operations, environment and peripherals.
- Working knowledge of specialized software used in the department (MS Office, AutoCAD, CD Creator, Winzip, etc.).
- Proficient with 3D AutoCAD design and drafting.
- Courteous & professional manner in dealing with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to multitask, handle multiple projects concurrently and work under pressure during peak workload situations.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills, including the ability to interpret data from a variety of sources.
- Sound oral, written and presentation skills.
- Intermediate level keyboarding skills, including the ability to format correspondence and reports.
- Ability to work independently
- Time management skills
- Self-motivated with strong commitment to produce timely and high quality work products
- Team player.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
Job Duties and Tasks
- Operate Computer Assisted Drafting (CAD) system.
- Ability to understand and interpret architectural drawings
- Obtain and assemble data to complete task.
- Initiate information transfers and file backups using scans, screen captures, and/or network.
- Tabulated (multiple configuration) parts and drawings; geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Knowledge in drafting techniques and terminology
- Prepare changes on plans for as-built revisions, department corrections, and client revisions.
- Work with client drawings, company drawings, vendor drawings or specifications and use company corporate drawings standards as guidelines.
- Assist with revisions where required
- Liaise with other departments
- To perform all other administrative duties assigned (logs, filing, etc.)
- Perform additional related duties as requested or required.
- This position requires the individual to desk work, working with a computer, sitting, standing, operate standard office equipment (printer, scanner, plotter)
If you are looking for new challenges in a dynamic setting, please apply in confidence, stating salary expectations and references.
Phoenix Glass offers competitive compensation and benefit packages. The draftsperson’s work will be based in Delta, BC.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- Work from home opportunities
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Flexible working hours
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Drafting: 5 years (Required)
- AutoCAD: 5 years (Required)