Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (www.okspecialtyfruits.com) is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that specializes in the development and market introduction of novel tree fruit varieties. This position supports our constantly expanding range of activities, including the commercialization of our nonbrowning Arctic® apple varieties (www.arcticapples.com) in both the US and Canada.
Location: Summerland, BC
Reports to: Logistics Manager
Status: Full Time
The Customer Support and Logistics Coordinator is responsible for facilitating the workflow throughout all processes of the sales cycle, while minimizing hold times and optimizing results at each step as well as being responsible for receiving, shipping and distribution orders from internal departments, ensuring inventory is available, determining method of shipment, securing correct equipment to accommodate the load, communicating shipment dates and verifying delivery dates with carriers. This position works closely with Production Planning and Inventory Control, Plants, Carriers, Sales Service, Co-Pack Manufacturing, Purchasing, Warehouses, Customers, and Distribution Centers and is always seeking a novel approach in all situations to better support the Sales team as well as internal and external stakeholders. Combining superior listening and communication skills the Customer Support and Logistics Specialist has ability to problem solve, negotiate and take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other related degree; or combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 3-7 years of sales, customer support and shipping related experience.
- 5+ years' field logistics experience
- Knowledge of principles and practices of providing customer service as well as office administrative and management practices and procedures, including record keeping.
- Effective business communication skills; basic report writing methods and techniques; appropriate English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Mathematics and general accounting skills.
- The awareness of pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations and the ability to Read, understand, interpret, apply, explain and reach sound decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, rules, contracts, procedures and policies.
- The ability to organize, set priorities, schedule assigned work; oversee multiple and rapidly changing priorities.
- To prepare clear, concise, and accurate correspondence, documents, reports and other written materials.
- To be able to exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines while using discretion and independent judgment; upholding a certain level of confidentiality.
- Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Collaborative nature and willingness to bring creative, pertinent ideas to the team.
- Demonstration of the highest ethical standards and trustworthiness at all times.
- Proficient with, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office software, Google G-Suite.
- Proficiency with Customer Relationship Management Programs mandatory.
- Professionalism in all representations of the company.
- Willingness to travel as job requires.
- Customer service - which includes but is not limited to establishing professional relationships with customers, maintaining relationships to better respond to all inquiries, resolving queries when needed and participating in consistent communication throughout customer service process including customer follow up.
- Maintaining and fully managing Zoho, the company’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) program, as well as other tools and functions to optimize the Sales team activities. This may include but is not limited to account details, sales history data, event planning support and profiles of inbound and outbound leads.
- Building relationships with various stakeholders by proactively following up on all requests, inquiries and concerns.
- Relaying information promptly and coordinating with internal teams and customers.
- Acting as a bridge between customers and Sales, generate defined consolidated sales and customers reports to Management team from which challenges, opportunities and problem solving can be identified.
- Understanding the needs and expectations of the customers and handling traffic communication while assisting by providing relevant options.
- Proactively handling and managing day-to-day logistics, such as but not limited to purchase orders, quality claims and complaints, working with transportation companies, tracking of deliveries and inventory status.
- Demonstrating different methods and approaches to achieve customer satisfaction. Actively participate in all Sales team meetings and reporting.
- Working closely with all internal team members and external customers to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring follow-up by passing on leads to appropriate team members with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
- Supporting the Sales team in coordinating relevant sales functions and responsibilities with exhibits, trade shows, and other events.
- Effectively track in the CRM and communicate all follow up customers’ activities for sales team members, assuring the Director of Sales is up-to-date on status on all activities.
- Manage an accurate inventory of warehouse materials.
- Schedule and track inbound and outgoing shipments.
- Ensure materials are delivered to sites in a timely manner as per clients' criteria.
- Assess and recommend ideal shipping methods, routing or carriers to meet necessary parameters, specifications and costs.
- Assist in rate negotiation with carriers when required.
- Maintain customer service logs and safety records.
- Assist in establishing transportation agreements with multiple carriers for outbound finished goods.
- Coordinating logistics on cross-dock shipments including instructing cross dock provider on shipments from cross dock to customer/distributor.
- Collaborating with Production Planning Team on production schedule requirements to meet sales orders and forecasts.
- Working with sales team and or directly with customers from time to time to manage daily service requirements such as order shorts, late trucks/delivery, shipping errors, late changes to order quantities.
- Managing transportation claims/complaints that happen from time-to-time.
- Coordinating prior notice documentation and coordination with Canadian/USA Customs agencies for cross boarder Canadian bound shipments.
- Identify the most economical and dependable carrier for each shipment. Monitor pick-up and delivery times. Enter orders into the system and dispatch order requirements to carriers. Collect and pool orders into truck load quantities to ensure maximum truck utilization. Oversee carriers’ performance and make recommendations regarding hiring, firing, disciplining, and promoting carriers.
- Examine orders to be shipped and ensure everything is accurate. Check for product type, mode of transport, inventory availability at pick-up facility, and transit time required. Create shipping notices and manifests to be tendered to assigned carriers.
- Contact internal departments and communicate issues with shipment or delivery. Research the issue and look for a resolution.
- Compile shipping documents once the order has shipped. Calculate freight costs that are the responsibility of the customer and provide information to sales.
- Track miss-shipments and shortages for deductions and claims. Inform key stakeholders of issues and work towards a resolution.
- Provide back-up assistance to Production Scheduling Coordinator when required.
- Collect all partial truckload orders and pool orders into full truck loads based on composition, weight, and volume of pallets.
- Ensure product storage requirements and the sequence of stops on the route coincides with product placement on the trailer.
- Distribute orders to dispatchers once the pool truck is complete.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and functional work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Job Type: Permanent
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care