This role may be located anywhere throughout the region.
The incumbent ensures the provision of effective safety training for customers that generates revenue through the company's value proposition. Leads the development and implementation of the region Customer Safety training region strategy and designs customer specific training programs.
Customer Safety Training:
- In collaboration with Region Sales & Marketing and Safety Director, develops and implements the customer safety training strategy and go-to-market implementation plan for the region.
- Manages customer safety training programs. Provides expertise on customer safety training requirements based on customer account.
- Leads training contact to customer for the entire process, including pre-training coordination, onsite logistics and all follow-up. Evaluates customer safety needs onsite and propose supplementary / ongoing sessions based on need.
- Responsible for leadership of internal and external required safety training programs and other safety training as necessary.
- Stays current with all technical and occupational safety laws, initiatives, and requirements by attending ongoing training and maintaining certifications.
- Develops pipeline of sales training activity and prospecting activity for weekly review with Region team.
Participates in sales calls to support account acquisition and revenue growth.
- Actively engages in the sales strategy of the Region, partnering with Outside Sales team to present and report on training metrics, safety requirements, and sales growth opportunities.
- Provides progress and status reports on safety training to all levels of Region management as required.
Works with sales, marketing and operations functions to support the customer-facing Safety requirements and meet with customers to actively communicate programs and progress of objectives. Proposes customized training packages based on unique needs of each customer.
- Conducts train-the-trainer sessions on safety training programs for delivery to equipment operators. Conducts and coordinates instructor and operator training for customer's employees.
- Continually recommends process improvements to administration of customer training, lowering costs and increasing program profitability.
- Manage Region Customer Safety Trainer team. Measure and evaluate performance and ensure quality execution of training programs.
- Conduct formal performance evaluations of Region Customer Safety Trainer direct reports.
Recruit, interview and hire or promote individuals into Region customer Safety Training role.
Internal Safety Training:
- Trains select United Rentals employees as trainers for various safety courses, ensuring adequate trainers are in place throughout each District in the Region.
- Provides Region training support when needed to internal instructor trainees, branch employees and equipment operators.
- Maintains internal regional training network.
Other duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or a combination of college and related work experience required. In select markets, bilingual (English and French) required or preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience conducting safety training for equipment operators required. Experience conducting train-the-trainer programs preferred.
- Safety experience or formal safety education preferred
- Demonstrated mastery of a company safety training program and content delivery required.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Provincial occupational safety regulations including OSHA, FAA, MSHA, EPA and health standards such as ANSI, NFPA, NEC and other non-regulatory safety codes and standards required.
- Knowledge of MSHA requirements with associated training programs such as Aerial Work Platforms, Forklifts (Powered Industrial Trucks) as well as New Miner, Annual Refresher and Task Training as required.
- Demonstrated mastery of Sales skills such as selling value over price and selling the value of training to internal sales force and potential customers.
- Team facilitation skills and the ability to work effectively in cross-functional settings. Must be a strong team player with the ability to organize, prioritize, handle time constraints and manage shifting priorities.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office suite required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com preferred, but not required.
- Valid driver's license is required
- Travel approximately 80% of the time
- May need to lift over 20 lbs at times
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.