Segal Immigration Law is a rapidly growing boutique Toronto law firm that exclusively practices US and Canadian immigration law. We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented paralegal/legal assistant to join our Canadian immigration team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing legal support with respect to all Canadian immigration matters, both temporary and permanent.
- Significant experience with LMIA's
- Significant experience with Global Stream Applications
- Requesting and reviewing documentation from clients
- Completing forms required for the application and following up with clients to obtain outstanding information
- Uploading applications and documents into the online government portals including the representative portal (Express Entry, Study Permits, TRVs, etc.) and employer portal (LMIA-exempt work permits)
- Drafting submission letters, working from precedents when appropriate
- Compiling documents required for a submission and processing submissions in a timely manner
- Ensuring that timelines and deadlines are recorded, scheduled and met
- Minimum 3 years of Canadian immigration experience working within a law firm
- Excellent oral and written English proficiency
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining high attention to detail
Please submit your confidential application through this website. Top candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full time
Application Questions: You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Canadian Immigration experience in a law firm experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
Job Type: Full-time
- legal assistant: 3 years (Required)