Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its cutting-edge expertise and its extensive field experience, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies and design to commissioning and then operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of 13 offices across Canada and 1000+ personnel to deliver projects across Canada and the international stage.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer award winner (Aon Hewitt) and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To learn more about BBA, visit our website (www.bba.ca) and follow us on LinkedIn to connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
Job Description :
The ideal candidate is a “seller-doer” professional who is equally comfortable in leading design projects and using his or her professional network of clients to generate requests for proposals, prepare and present proposals, and lead work execution. We provide a collaborative work environment, an engaged and collegial workforce and work/life flexibility. This is a rare opportunity to develop your career and at the same time directly contribute to the firm’s growth and development.
In your role as a senior engineer, you will contribute to proposals, technology selection, and the interconnection process and provide electrical solutions to clients.
The successful candidate will work on the following:
Work Schedule :
- Develop and maintain lasting client relationships
- Network with clients to assess their needs and solicit requests for proposals
- Define the scope of projects and proposals
- Lead engineering projects, design reviews and prepare technical reports
- Plan and coordinate work, from studies to commissioning
- Develop technical documents and provide technical training in this field of expertise
- Participate in the preparation of engineering studies: impact analysis, ground grid study, protection study, arc flash study, etc.
- Prepare detailed engineering designs and technical specifications for construction
- Assign and review the work of junior engineers (engineers-in-training), technicians and drafters assigned to projects and assess technical scope
- Provide commissioning support
- Applies the firm’s health and safety policy and takes the necessary preventive or corrective measures to perform the work safely; becomes familiar with the firm’s prevention program; and applies specific job directives.
- Ensures that all direct reports adhere to and apply all health, safety and environment directives.
- Meticulously carries out assigned roles and responsibilities in accordance with established health and safety directives.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Collaborative team player
- Drive to excel and business acumen
- Action oriented
- Ability to make quality decisions
- Ability to develop direct reports and others
- Independent worker
- Demonstrates commitment to health and safety
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- Member of a Canadian professional engineering association
- Practical experience in heavy industrial sectors: mining / oil and gas in a broad spectrum: concept development, equipment specifications and selection, design supervision and detailed engineering, pumping and dewatering, material handling, crushing, grinding, HVAC, dust collection
- Onsite experience and work safety
- Experience in troubleshooting, commissioning and system installation
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Availability to occasionally travel to client locations and BBA's offices as dictated by project needs
- Asset: Experience in a consulting engineering environment
- Asset: Experience performing cost estimates and preparing and presenting proposals
- Asset: A second or third languages (French and/or Spanish)
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.