Securitas, a global leader in the security industry, has been providing security services since 1899. With over 8,000 employees in 24 offices across Canada and 350 000 employees globally, we possess the experience and knowledge to offer a broad range of services including: Leading Technology Solutions, Remote Guarding, On-site and Mobile Guarding, and Investigations.
We are looking for a strong leader that is passionate about the Security Industry.
POSITION: District Manager
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta
REPORTS TO: Area Vice President, Western Canada
As a District Manager with Securitas you will oversee and report on the financial and operational effectiveness of your branch to the Area Vice President.
Securitas clients span the spectrum of business industry, telecommunications, property management, government. Your diversified experience in security operations, law enforcement, or the military will be an immense benefit to you as you meet with Securitas clientele.
Proven experience in progressive leadership is a must. You will be responsible for providing leadership and direction for your staff at the branch level. Business minded with solid critical thinking skills, you will oversee an effective and efficient operation. Ambition and self-motivation are vital to accomplishing the tasks and goals set by Securitas Leadership.
You will be working in a fast paced, dynamic environment, contributing to the growth of sales in your branch portfolio. You will collaborate with an effective, experienced team. Presentable and articulate, your communication and interpersonal skills will be crucial as you will be working in an industry with very diverse internal and external clients. Securitas is a world leader in security technology. Your reporting will be accomplished through the use of various web-based information and interfaces.
Travel will be required periodically for business purposes.
- Meets regularly with client representatives for status updates and addresses any actual or potential problems; negotiates client contracts; supports client start-ups; carries out security planning, assessments and surveys; reviews and updates post orders.
- Ensures the delivery of high quality customer service through regular contact with clients; evaluates service quality and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Analyzes operational and financial indicators to continuously improve Branch performance; ensures profitable operations with full profit and loss accountability.
- Recruits, selects, orients, trains, and develops high caliber staff in collaboration with Area management; plans, assigns, and directs work; coaches employees to enhance skills; carries out disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Develops and administers Branch budget in collaboration with Area management.
- Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Authorizes appropriate expenditures including equipment, supplies, and vehicles; ensures vehicles are properly maintained and administers driver training; ensures adequate inventory of uniforms, radios, etc.; maintains and submits payroll records and other required information.
- Ensures scheduling is handled effectively to meet client requirements while controlling labor costs; reviews site reports to ensure post orders and client directions have been followed.
- Provides input to company, Region and Area initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
- Performs additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned business objectives.
- Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Knowledge of security operations.
- Knowledge of business operations management and human resources
- Use of personal computer and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to synthesize business/financial data and develop solutions.
- Planning, organizing and leadership skills.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective leader and member of teams.
- Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
University degree and 3 or more years of experience in a field related to the security industry and/or business management.
Job Type: Full-time
- Business Management: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Required)