Under the direction of the Operating room Head Nurse, the OR/P.A.R. nurse provides direct nursing care to the peri-operative patient according to established standards/policies and provides work direction to nursing and non-nursing staff as required. The OR/P.A.R. nurse assesses the physical and psychological needs; plans, implements, evaluating and documents the nursing care for the patient during the peri-operative process, and the immediate post-operative period. Nursing responsibilities include scheduled on call responsibilities.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, registered with the CRNBC and holds a current license to practice.
- Current C.P.R., I.V. Therapy and Discharge from P.A.R. Certificates mandatory.
- One year recent experience in the Operating Room/Post-Anesthetic Room.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment such as blood pressure and oxygen saturation monitor, hydrotherapy blanket, operative instruments, endoscopes and scope washer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specialized procedures and techniques such as scrub, circulating and Post-Anesthetic and Endoscope Room nursing care.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of aseptic technique.
FORT ST. JOHN COMMUNITY
Fort St. John is known as "The Energetic City," which reflects the large resource base of oil, natural gas, forestry and agriculture, and the vitality of their residents who are keen to live and work in a community that gives back so much. Fort St. John sits high above the spectacular Peace River Valley, Northwest of Dawson Creek and Southeast of Fort Nelson, where endless patchwork quilts of cropland melt into the horizon. Serving an area population of 69,000, Fort St. John is the hub of the Northeast with a new cultural center and library, theatre and art space. The main industries are agriculture, forestry, natural gas, construction and trucking.