We are looking for an energetic and motivated, certified Medial Office Assistant (MOA) to join our network of clinics across the North Shore. Successful candidates will be responsible for routine administrative tasks to ensure an efficiently operated patient centered clinic.
- Completion of a recognizedMOAcertified program/diploma
- A Team Player
- Professional demeanor, excellent communication skills, and a great attitude
- Detail oriented and Highly organized
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a MOA
- Experience with an EMR system and Billing
- Solid understanding of MSP andComplex Care/Chronic Care billings is anasset
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Understanding of medical clinic operations and regulator framework/requirements
- High tolerance for fast-paced environments
Successful candidates will be working alongside physicians and other health care providers to provide clerical duties as well as clinical assistance for certain procedures.
- Administrative duties - answer calls and greet patients in a helpful, respectful and efficient manner, update and file patients' medical records, file out insurance forms, handle correspondence, schedule appointments, arrange for hospital admission and laboratory services, and handle billing and bookkeeping. Also Maintain electronic medical record, including the patient chart. Perform tasks (including linking, uploading, and referrals) in support of patient care.
- Lab Duties - include collecting and preparing laboratory specimens or perform basic laboratory tests on the premises, dispose of contaminated supplies, and sterilize medical instruments.
- Patient Care duties – Coordinate patient care through the clinic: checking in, prepping, escorting to exam rooms, preparing exam or treatment rooms, answering questions, providing post-appointment service, monitoring the waiting room
- General duties – Ensure to keep patient information confidential and secure at all times. Perform all other related clinical, administrative tasks or special tasks as required by clinic management.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $16.00 to $23.00 /hour
- MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT: 2 years (Required)