Reporting to the Program Manager, Human Services Integration and under the guidance and direction of senior staff, is responsible for research, analysis, engagement and project leadership activities that support the formulation and delivery of branch and cross-department initiatives, as assigned; researching York Region integrated Human Services related activities; planning, leading and coordinating internal and external multi-stakeholder partnerships and committees such as Human Services Planning Board of York Region to gather and analyze information; conducting research to support development and delivery of integrated human services related direction, policies and guidelines; developing content for coordination of reports and presentations at various management and stakeholder forums; and undertaking project assignments related to Human Services and other assigned initiatives.
- Undertakes assigned independent research project(s), including research, analysis and development of directions, policies, guidelines and tools to support analysis of information and data collected.
- Determines appropriate methods and procedures for collecting and analyzing data based on project parameters; designs data collection tools, methods and processes.
- Evaluates the applicability of key research findings to local conditions and identifies best practices for the development and delivery of integrated Human Services.
- Conducts research, including conducting literature review and gathering demographic data, statistics, comparative analysis and other related project and policy development activities.
- Develops, engages and leads a range of internal and external relationships that support innovation and project implementation in the Region, including business, academic, government sector and other stakeholders.
- Prepares, maintains, coordinates, oversees and monitors project management schedules including an accurate summary of project objectives, terms of reference, action items, tasks, time frames, responsibilities, resource requirements and evaluation criteria.
- Liaises with staff from within the department and with other Regional departments, as well as with other levels of government, external agencies and organizations, to disseminate and acquire information and data, as assigned.
- Promotes collaboration and cooperation between and among government officials, agencies, businesses and other stakeholders.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field; or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years’ demonstrated experience in project management, leading multi-stakeholder projects and conducting research to support project initiatives.
- Demonstrated project management knowledge and experience.
- Experience in building and managing individual and organizational relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in quantitative and qualitative research and analysis, including background in economics and statistics or quantitative/research methods.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by January 29, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.