Spark Women’s Leadership Conference is the brainchild of a local group of business owners, executives, community leaders, entrepreneurs, and “futurpreneurs” who were frustrated with having to travel out of the region for professional development, spending precious time away from work, home, and the demands of a busy career. This decision to host a leadership conference in Fort St John was simple: minimal travel, affordable expenses, and less time away from the workplace and home commitments. This program is designed by the women of the Peace Country for the women of the Peace Country.
Hosting the first professional development and leadership development conference for women in the Peace Country in 2014, Spark has seen over 2,300 attendees at the annual conference and supporting workshops. The content delivered is focused on the young professionals starting their career to the seasoned veteran who is still leading teams today; the entrepreneur who is dreaming of growing their business to the stay-at-home mom trying to figure out how to re-enter the workforce. Spark has become a must-attend event for many women as source of professional development, empowerment, and connection.
Spark is looking for administrative support! Working with the Steering Committee, this admin contractor will support the volunteers who are passionate about professional and leadership development being delivered here in Northeast BC. The successful applicant will have a strong commitment to community development, and exceptional organizational and computer skills. Must be available to work in person in Fort St John.
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, please submit your cover letter and resume
- Responsible for taking minutes at monthly board meetings and distributing to board members
- Act as a support and resource for Chair and Executive Director
- Work alongside Executive Director throughout the year
- Help manage A/P, A/R and bank reconciliation, in collaboration with Treasurer and Chair
- Create meeting agendas and packages in consultation with the Chair and Vice Chair
- Coordinate and administer activities related to the Board of Directors and related sub committees with Chairs approval.
- Management of inquiries through email and social media
- Provide administrative support to the Help format emails and distribute sponsorship packages to sponsors, generate sponsorship invoices and sponsorship deliverables in collaboration with Sponsorship Chair
- Manage the sponsorship applications through individual portals, through the use of the local grant writer
- Distribute sponsorship appreciation packages
- Assist Content committee with drafting speaker contracts, including speaker AV requirements, book recommendations, video footage agreement. Manage Speaker Logistics (Flights, Rooms, etc.) alongside Content Committee Chair
- Liaise with printing sponsor on all printing need deliverables
- Help registration committee manage online registration, (including preparation registration lists / labels for various purposes.
- Maintain the online document storage
- Help organize board social gatherings alongside the Chair
- On-site support at events, as requested
Job Types: Part-time, Freelance
Part-time hours: 3-10 per week
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
Application deadline: 2022-08-21
Expected start date: 2022-09-19