The F&B Operations Manager is responsible for assisting the F&B Multi Operations Manager or Director of Operations in operating assigned brands, units, and/or concepts. This position is responsible for day-to-day supervision of operations associates, assigning work to both management and non-management associates, monitoring unit/concept/store level operation performance, coaching and developing associates, and performing all other responsibilities as directed by their manager. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the F&B Multi Operations Manager and/or designee, depending on local requirements.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of multiple non-exempt operations associates within a defined individual or group of restaurants, concepts or stores
- Assigns work tasks and activities, prepares schedules, and ensures that all shifts are covered
- Maintains a working knowledge of all applicable brand standards, CBAs, Landlord lease agreements, and all procedures and protocols to maximize brand/landlord/labor relations
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of all federal, state, and local sanitary, safety, and health standards, and all procedures and protocols to comply with the law
- Prepares daily orders, ensures units are stocked with appropriate levels of product and coaches Shift Supervisors and Assistant F&B Operations Managers on order procedures
- Conducts and coordinates on-the-job training for associates, and ensures all associates receive basic skills training to perform their jobs
- Uses judgment and discretion to resolve less routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels
- Interviews job candidates, provides recommendations for hiring, terminations, advancement, promotion or any other status change of associates within the store
- Supports DO and/or Multi-Unit F&B Manager in developing and implementing creative strategies to increase revenue
- Monitors progress towards unit goals and assigns associates to meet those objectives
- Consistently provides direct reports and/or indirect reports with support, coaching and encouragement necessary to achieve business goals
- Utilizes associate’s strengths and provides ongoing feedback that reflects on progress against individual development goals and business goals
- Develops and implements plans that will motivate and recognize direct reports and/or indirect reports for their performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
HMSHost is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (the "AODA"). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter or on the electronic application form.
Job Type: Full-time
- Operations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)