- Working for a mature female who has a physical disability.
- Provide assistance to help her stay in her home and maintain her health.
Requirements of applicant\s:
- Must be reliable, flexible, agreeable, kind and respectful.
- Willing to follow instructions of the employer and learn to use an overhead track lift.
- Certification is not necessary but an applicant with some health-care experience is preferred. Health care students welcome to apply.
- Should follow health-care practices; be willing to work with patience, care and compassion for someone with mobility limitations.
- Must be able to speak clearly in English.
- Has work related references and is trustworthy.
- Dependable transportation is necessary.
- Only residents of Niagara Region should apply.
- Responsibilities include assistance with daily activities, personal hygiene care, undressing and dressing, meal assistance plus general personal or household help that is necessary.
- Repetitive kneeling and bending requires someone who is relatively physically fit.
- Some shifts to cover staff illnesses and staff vacations are available immediately.
- Plus other casual shifts.
- Can lead to permanent schedule.
- Weekends and holidays may also be required.
Starting rate $16.50 per hour
Rate increased after probation.
4% vacation pay included on pay cheque every 2 weeks.
This is not an agency; workers are employed directly by the disabled woman through self–managed attendant care.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent