The primary purpose of this position is to provide customers with all aspects of superior customer service including technical solutions and product applications on the variety of product lines and service offering of Drive Products.
- Assist quick customer turn around by providing superior service as required.
- Cross sell and up sell truck mounted accessories not limiting to PTO, Pumps, Control Valves, Snowplows, Spreaders & Salters to new and existing customers.
- Prepare quotations and process orders for customer inquiries generated through telephone, emails, fax and walk-in customers.
- Use vendor supported online tools to meet customer application requirements.
- Validate returns and process as per the company policy.
- Route returns for warranty claims to the designated product manager.
- Work in conjunction with Product Managers and Territory Managers to sell and design systems
- Liaison with accounts receivables for credit approvals while processing orders.
- Review open and backorders daily to meet customer delivery time and expectations
- Place rush orders for parts from Vendors as per the corporate purchasing policy.
- Participate in vendor and in-house training to develop product knowledge.
- Communicate any inventory variance to the assigned product manager to manage accurate product stock.
Compliance with all internal Policies and Procedures including, but not limited to, Health and Safety and Quality Management
Qualifications – Educational Requirements
- College Diploma or combination of experience and academic achievement
- Capable of completing product training courses
- Completion of or working towards a certificate in Hydraulics
- Friendly with computers and comfortable working with ERP tools such as Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains.
- Basic English reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Bi-lingual in French considered an asset.
Qualifications – Knowledge
- Comprehensive knowledge of Hydraulics working principles in both mobile and industrial applications, with emphasis to mechanical principals
- Knowledge of truck mounted equipment, such as snow and ice control systems, Driveline systems and components in both mobile and industrial applications
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to interpret and work with AutoCad / Solid Works drawings.
- Value-selling skills are desired
- Analytical thinker able to solve problems with creativity and attention to detail. A mindset to maximize sales revenue within operating guidelines
- Ability to communicate well with both external customers and internal staff
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized by prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with customers in a professional manner
- General office conditions. Overtime may be required as deemed operationally necessary. Ability to attend after hours training.
- Drive Products provides competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package as well as various opportunities to build on your skills.
- Please note that Drive Products Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
- Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) for applicants invited to an interview
- While we appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)