Our company is looking for a motivated and experienced Compliance Manager to guarantee our Commercial Vehicle Operator Registration (CVOR) procedures, performance, as well as our Internal Policies, meet or exceed all regulated guidelines.
Your duties will include reviewing employee work, developing company policies and responding to company violations as they pertain to CVOR related issues.
The ideal candidate will be professional, highly analytical, and possess excellent written and oral communication skills. To prosper in this role, you must be currently fluent in CVOR requirements and be able to demonstrate previous experience overseeing a CVOR Program.
This job requires a person to be able to perform the following tasks:
- Teach CVOR rules and regulations in class to individual and groups with special attention to inspections- hours-of-service-load securement- collisions & convictions.
- Administer corrective action procedures without bias when required.
- Review DVIR books for completeness- file appropriately.
- Spot check CVOR vehicles for housekeeping and/or damage- report findings.
- Spot check on-road performance of CVOR drivers- report findings.
- Review CVOR summary performance on monthly basis. analyze- produce charts- distribute.
- Challenge MTO when discrepancies show- monitor for completion.
- Stay abreast of changing rules and regulations with regards to MTO requirements.
- Educate CVOR drivers on changes to rules.
- Spot check drivers when performing pre-trip inspections- educate, re-train if necessary.
- Investigate all MTO interactions with drivers- report- correct- educate. meet with driver- find root cause- evaluate- develop corrective procedure.
- Monitor hiring procedure for uniformity.
- Monitor maintenance program for compliance.
- Provide supervisors with relevant educational data to review with assigned drivers/vehicles.
- Provide retraining for non-compliance when required.
- Continually strive to produce a lower OSVR to benefit the company.
- Monitor driver license status quarterly.
- Add/delete drivers to hos and office files.
- Be knowledgeable/current of the requirements within NSC 10 (cargo securement)
- Be knowledgeable/current of the requirements within NSC 11 ((maintenance standards).
- Be knowledgeable/current of the requirements within NSC11b (inspection standards).
- Be knowledgeable/current of the requirements within reg 199/07 (daily inspections).
- Be knowledgeable/current of the requirements within reg 611 & reg 476/09 (safety inspections).
- Liaise with MTO inspectors in a positive manner when issues/queries arise.
- Provide detailed information to establish a defense for citations received.
- Communicate effectively with senior personnel within Trisan and government representatives.
- Oversee complete dispatch department daily- assist dispatcher when necessary.
- Investigate all collisions for root cause- ensure all reports complete.
Monitor compliance to hos rules and regs- re-educate employees
Job Type: Full-time