SaskAbilities is dedicated to providing person-centred and innovative supports, responsive to the needs of the individuals
we serve. We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team as a Support Worker at 215 Lillooet Street
East in Moose Jaw.
- Collaborate with Coordinator, Supervisor, and other Support Workers to facilitate meaningful, high-quality individual
and group activities on a daily basis through home (residential) and day-time programs and services for adults
experiencing disability, providing opportunities for community connections, personal development, and recreation.
- Contribute and review person-centred plans to ensure the goals of the individuals served are being met.
- Promote independence, self-esteem, and inclusion in the areas of self-care, communication, recreation, socialization
- Provide supportive assistance to ensure the physical, emotional and social well-being of the individuals served.
- Provide supervision of the individuals served while participating in community and/or home activities.
- Provide transportation for the individuals served to community activities.
- Promote, instruct and model acceptable social behaviour.
- Maintain according to agency standards including completion of Incident Reports, contact records and file recordings.
- Maintain records including attendance, goals and communication books.
- Administer all areas of personal care, as required.
- Maintain cleanliness of the home including kitchen and washrooms on a daily basis.
- Disability Support Worker Certificate (Rehabilitation Worker Certificate) or Life Skills Coach and/or related training and
experience working with individuals of varying abilities and behaviours.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence and a reliable vehicle.
- First Aid and CPR certification; knowledge of lifting techniques and transfers.
- Effective time management, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, open-minded, and creative.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The final candidates are required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search.
Successful candidates are recommended to have an Auto Pak with at least 1 million dollars in liability insurance.
Supports are provided 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Shift Work and On-Call Duty is required.
When applying please include competition number 2020-29-PFR-01 in the subject line of all emails.
Pay Class 13 ($20.27 - $24.99 per hour) plus benefit package and on-call remuneration.
Submit resume, cover letter and references to:
SaskAbilities - Partners in Employment
8 Wood Lily Drive, Moose Jaw SK S6J 1E1
(306) 630-2089 Fax: (306) 693-3822
email@example.com - please indicate position applied for in your email subject line and include all
documentation in a single attachment
For position-specific questions, please contact:
Sandy DeCoste, (306) 630-2089, firstname.lastname@example.org