Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Product Solutions Designer for our North York, ON. head office. The successful candidate will be responsible for participating in all stages of the design process to create tailored workplace solutions. You will produce accurate renderings, detailed drawings and specifications, to support Teknion pursuits and clients.
The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple projects with exceptional speed and accuracy. In this position. you will manage Teknion’s billable specification services Excellent critical thinking and design problem solving skills.
- Meet with Sales and Account Management to understand project strategy.
- Using detailed product knowledge, create drawings and renders to accurately communicate Teknion solutions for design collaboration, client approval, fabrication and installation.
- Create accurate Bill of Materials for quotation and order using specification software.
- Meet with Design Engineering to collaborate on special or custom product solutions.
- Manage Teknion’s Billable specification services
- Create 2D plans, elevations and 3D models of proposed product using software symbols as well as creating new products symbols from scratch in AutoCAD2018.
- Manage Furniture Design Standards and information share with supporting Dealers.
- Subject matter expert to provide support to external and internal client inquiries.
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Interior Design or Architectural Technology.
- 3-4 years minimum experience working with contract furniture.
- Fundamental understanding and experience with Design Detailing Drawing Standards
- Ability to read architectural drawings and knowledge of codes and design standards
- Proficient in AutoCAD 3D modelling and rendering.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills required.
- Fluency in French Language is not a requirement but is an asset.
- Superior attention to detail, memory, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Sketch Up, Revit, Key Shot and 3D Studio Max is an asset.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position