IKO Industries Ltd. is a market leader in the manufacturing of roofing and building materials. IKO is a Canadian owned and operated business with production facilities worldwide and has many years of unparalleled success in the roofing materials industry. Quality, integrity, and trustworthiness are the values that underlie this success, and we have built this company by hiring people who hold these values. People like you!
We are currently seeking a Purchasing Agent to join our team of skilled professionals at our Hawkesbury, ON Location.
The Purchasing Agent role will focus on procuring all supplies and materials at competitive prices and terms, maintaining appropriate inventory levels to meet production and business needs and providing management with information to assist in operational decision-making. This individual will also be working closely with vendors, business personnel and Accounts Payable to ensure that an efficient and effective procurement process is in place. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability
- Implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing requisitions
- Administer on-line purchasing systems
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies, services, equipment and raw materials
- Ensure purchased items are delivered timely and as specified on the purchase order
- Represent company in negotiating with suppliers. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail
- Conduct weekly raw material inventory count and balance totals monthly
- Support inventory control of finished goods
- Develop, implement and maintain raw material SOPs related to inventory control and variance reporting
- Work directly with Inventory Coordinator to support maintenance activities and spare parts procurement
- Support plant with HSE audit requirements including internal and external reporting
Benefits of Employment:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in Purchasing
- Post-secondary education focusing on Business Administration or Accounting preferred
- Knowledge of accounting and business principles and practices
- Experience with Mapics and/or JD Edwards preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize projects and workload
- Ability to work independently
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent data entry skills – attention to detail required
- Solid computer skills, primarily using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to learn new programs quickly
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English and French is preferred
IKO recognizes that its success is due to the strength of its employees. A primary goal of IKO is to promote individual employee's sense of accomplishment and contribution so that employees enjoy their association with IKO. The Company invests in its employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry, and undertakes great efforts to nurture loyalty to, and teamwork at, IKO. We are pleased to offer competitive compensation, health care, a progressive and challenging workplace and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment:
IKO Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. IKO Industries Ltd. encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.