Aim Trucking is accepting resumes for a Steam Truck Operator/labourer for a safety-sensitive position in the Chetwynd BC area. Housing is provided for out-of-area workers.
Steam Truck Operators are responsible for a variety of tasks related to the safe operation and daily maintenance of a mobile high-pressure Steam Truck used to clean light and heavy equipment. An excellent Operator will be:
- An ambassador for safety
- A strong self-starter
- Enthusiastic team player
- Physically fit
- Able to work outdoors, exposed to the elements throughout all seasons.
- Well organized
- Mechanically inclined
The Steam Truck Operator will be required to work up to 12-hour days. Night shifts and day shifts as required by our clients. Days off may vary.
As a Steam Truck Operator, you will be expected to:
- Safely operate the Steam Truck to clean heavy equipment in safety sensitive environments
- Participate in, promote, and adhere to safety initiatives and protocols as mandated by the company, the clients and legislation.
- Operating Steam wand, washing all sizes of equipment.
- Maintaining all tools and equipment to the required standards.
- Participating fully in job observations, near miss and Hazard ID reporting, site inspections, monthly safety meetings, and daily Pre - Job meetings.
- Identifying and mitigating safety hazards
- Accurately complete all necessary paperwork including daily pre and post trip inspections, field level assessments for each job
- Perform daily housekeeping of truck, reporting deficiencies immediately.
- Be proficient in verbal and written communication.
- Report to various work sites as directed, following instructions given.
- Conducts all business in a professional and respectful manner.
What Aim trucking requires from YOU:
- A desire to make a difference and take pride in your work.
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to read, understand and follow policies and procedures.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Physical strength (ability to lift and manage 50 pounds)
- Be able to adapt to changes in environments quickly (weather, traffic, road conditions)
- Knowledge and understanding of basic truck maintenance.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
As part of our Hiring Process, YOU will be required to:
- Provide a minimum of a Class 5 Driver's License with Air Brakes and clean Commercial Driver's Abstract
- Pass a driver’s evaluation.
- Complete drug and alcohol screening with a negative result
- Provide copies of current certifications (if you do not have any of the training required to be on site, we will provide it for you) including H2S, First Aid, PCST or CSTS, Elevated Work Platform, Fall Protection
What Aim trucking offers you:
- Competitive wages depending on experience
- Group Benefits (Health, Dental and so much more)
- Positive team environment
- Current equipment and tooling
- A work environment dedicated to your safety.
- Site specific training
- Safety training
Application deadline: 2021-11-30
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00-$37.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Covid rules in place
- driving: 1 year (preferred)