- Valid driver’s license
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent diploma
- 1+ year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Candidates must be 18 years or older. Must be authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship
Are you ready to drive trucks and solve transportation mysteries? As a Yard Specialist, you will be a vital member of Amazon’s Transportation Operations Management team. Yard Specialists drive terminal tractors, communicate with carriers and control the accuracy of Amazon Fulfillment and Sortation Center trailer yards.
Things to know about working in an Amazon Trailer Yard:
Hourly Pay Rate:
- We’re committed to providing one of the safest work environments. This means you wear a reflective vest, stretch, provide safety tips, and recognize each other for working safely.
- We have a relaxed, casual dress code (as long as your attire meets our safety requirements).
- As a Yard Specialist you will:
- Correspond with multiple shipping companies and demonstrate comprehensive understanding of shipping systems, requirements, rules, and obligations to support yard organization and minimize delays.
- Conduct daily coordination with fulfillment center operations departments, transportation peers, and carriers to ensure all trailers arrive and depart on time with zero defects.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the trailer yard through meticulous attention to detail and daily yard audits.
- Consolidate data from multiple sources to support daily workflow and business needs.
- Operate a spotter truck, moving trailers between trailer yard and dock doors, and logging all trailer moves to maintain accurate yard inventory.
- Work 40 hours/week and overtime as required.
- These are the essential physical functions of the position to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Regularly push, pull, squat, bend, lift, stretch, and reach below the waist and above the head
- Climb in and out of the spotter truck numerous times per day; hook and unhook trailers
- Lift up to 49 pounds and stand/walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours
Benefits include health care (medical, dental, vision) coverage starting on day 1 as well as holiday/overtime pay and employee discount. Relocation assistance is not provided. All individuals with physical or logical access to Amazon property, data and/or customers, must successfully complete a background check prior to commencing work for or on behalf of Amazon.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
- 2+ years commercial driving experience in a vehicle of similar size, weight, and controls as a terminal tractor and proficiency in backing trailers into dock doors and parking slips
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or the ability to obtain a CDL
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with diverse audiences
- Ability to follow and enforce safety measures and policies to all who enter the yard, including vendors and senior team members
- A commitment to build strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues and outside vendors