Billings wood Manor is looking for a Chef. This individual will be responsible for the preparation and presentation of high-quality meals in a punctual manner. The Dietary Chef is responsible to follow all policies and regulations for safety, hygiene and facility food preparation guidelines. You must be able to work mornings, evenings and weekends as needed.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Prepare breakfasts, lunches and /or dinner for 60+ residents
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and serve high volume/quality meals in a fast-paced environment
- Prepares and cooks food from menus that have been predetermined for the daily meals
- Prepare meals on menus and based on nutritional programs and individual plans.
- Ensure quality and safety of food by performing daily cleaning tasks. (Ex: sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well as proper covering and storage of food items
- Ensure that each resident receives meals corresponding to their dietary requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Logs food temperatures and assures food items are within acceptable ranges
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and the ability to prioritize work
- Looking for a strong team player with excellent work ethics, able to work with others, problem-solving and decision making
- Supervisory experience desired
- Must enjoy working with the elderly
- Standing for the duration of your shift.
- Repetitive movement of arms, hands, wrist/fingers and lift up to 30-50 lbs.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Completion of college or cook training school or a trade certification
- Minimum 2 years of cooking experience required
- Must provide a clean Criminal record check
- Ottawa Public Health Food Handlers Certification
- Working experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Must be free of diseases that may be transmitted in the performance of job responsibilities. TB testing required
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Salary: $18.00 /hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- cooking: 2 years (Preferred)