The Assistant Property Manager provides assistance to the Sr. Property Manager in the management of assigned properties and acts as a representative for day-to-day contact with the Tenants, Condominium Management as well as the coordination of events.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:Required level of education and job-related experience:
- Assists the Senior Property Manager with the day-to-day operations by organizing information, resources and ensuring accuracy inclusive but not limited to work order preparation, Tenant activity reports & Tenant sales reports;
- Provides assistance in the performance of financial control activities, including the development of annual operating budgets, performing monthly budget analyses and re-forecasting allocations as necessary, 100% rent collection and meeting annual targets;
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports for presentation to Owners and Partners;
- Coordination of any marketing and site activities;
- Liaises with Tenants and Condominium Management on day-to-day property management issues;
- Assists in the development and maintenance of preventative and corrective maintenance schedules and oversees maintenance activities;
- Assists with the management of sub-contractor activities for goods and services, including preparation of tender documents, tender and bid analyses; negotiates best possible terms; prepares contract documents and monitors sub-contractor performance in accordance with corporate processes and procedures;
- Resolves emergency situations which may require attending the site, contacting Tenant / contractors by phone and updating the Senior Property Manager;
- Monitors service level requests from Tenants and ensures that the requests are within the scope of the management contract;
- Evaluates Tenant requests and demonstrates expertise by recommending value-added solutions;
- Assists in the annual building inspection activities;
- Manage all aspects of shared facility components retail/residential;
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Completion of Community College or equivalent training with three (3) to five (5) years of commercial / retail / shared facilities property management experience.
- Proficiency in accounting and financial management (A/P and A/R).
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Exceptional facilitation skills to act as liaison between multiple parties and ownerships;
- Ability to understand complex facilities services and shared agreements.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Strong software application skills (MS Office, JD Edwards);
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be willing and able to travel as needed;
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team.
Excellent compensation commensurate with experience and full benefit package. Successful applicants will be subject to a background check.
Accessibility support and accommodations for disabilities, wherever appropriate, will be provided in the recruitment process on request.