JOB IDENTIFICATION: Electrician
Under the supervision of the Operation Manager and the general direction of the Maintenance Foreman,
provides installation, maintenance and repair to electrical equipment as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
01. Upgrades and modifies existing electrical distribution systems and installs new systems as required.
02. Installs and maintains motors, motorised equipment, controls, power tools, appliances and other
03. Installs and maintains electrical systems pertaining to heating, ventilation and air conditioning and the
power and control aspects of other HVAC systems.
04. May assist Electronic Technician with installation of emergency lighting and as needed.
05. Reads and interprets drawings and specifications.
06. Determines material requirements.
07. Lays out projects and reports on work in progress.
08. Provides training to other employees in the proper operation of building systems.
09. Maintains a variety of records and assists in the compilation of inspection dates.
10. Meets with and discusses ideas/problems with contractors, suppliers, inspectors and Principals.
11. Assists in planning, estimating, budget development, cost control and maintenance of records for
12. Operates and is responsible for assigned vehicles and equipment.
13. Selects, purchases and maintains inventory.
14. As required by the BC Electrical Code, holds, and as signing officer, is responsible for the annual
permit to cover all electrical work district-wide.
15. Plans, installs, maintains and performs annual verification tests on district fire alarms.
16. Designs, installs and maintains DDC systems and monitors on an ongoing basis.
17. May, on occasion, be required to perform other job-related duties as assigned.
18. Provides a good role model.
19. Displays good interpersonal skills.
20. Maintains safe work practices.
01. Grade 12 plus additional program of up to one year or equivalent.
02. Trade Qualification – Class “C”.
03. Minimum Class “B” Contractor’s Ticket.
04. Previous experience in a related field at the journeyman level.
05. Physical capability to perform duties.
06. Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license.
For CUPE (Local 173) For School District No. 74 (Gold Trail)
Last printed 10/20/2011 9:27:00 AM