LOCATION: Northwest Territories
NUMBER OF OPENINGS: 1
COMPANY NAME: Maven Consulting Limited
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
Ready for the next challenge? You will be delighted to hear about this Construction Officer opportunity based in the Northwest Territories.
The core responsibilities of this role are to perform site supervision services on thermal and hydroelectric power plant facilities as an owner’s representative. You will monitor, coordinate, and supervise construction activities within and around power generation facilities, many of which will be in remote communities in the Northwest Territories. The successful candidate can be based in Western Canada but there is a strong preference for Northwest Territories.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Monitoring electrical, mechanical and civil works for quality of workmanship, adherence to specifications and designs and conformance with standards as an owner’s representative
- Manage and monitor electrical, mechanical and civil contractor personnel on site
- Report to the Project Manager and support the project’s interests at site meetings
- Support personnel from Operations, Procurement, Asset Management & Engineering through the Project Manager for all site activities
- While on site, prepare detailed daily reports and safety documentation
You MUST have the following qualifications:
- One or more of the following academic credentials:
- Civil or Construction Technologist
- Civil or Construction Engineer with Professional designation.
- Construction Superintendent or Utility Tradesman – Journeyman Power Lineman or Cableman or Utility Construction Specialist.
- Minimum of 10 years of construction experience is required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and adequate general computer skills in order to perform construction related administrative functions.
- Familiarity with electrical utility HS&E programs, procedures, and work practices is required.
- Construction Safety Training System Certification (CSTS)
- Confined space entry certification
You MAY have the following Competencies:
- Experience related to electric utility aerial and/or underground distribution systems.
- Electric utility distribution system construction standards, operational procedures and work practices.
- Experience Distribution Utility operational procedures, work practices, work management systems and construction standards.
- We are retained by power utility companies to delivery projects on time, safely, and on budget so they can meet their corporate goals. Delivery of projects for these types of customers follows a formal process with appropriate levels of due diligence and supporting documentation.
- Our professional Project Delivery group utilizes the latest project management methods and technology tools. Working as an integral part of our client’s team and support staff, you will be mentored and trained using both Maven and client project delivery methods.
- The work location is primarily outdoors in all weather conditions on construction work sites throughout the Northwest Territories. Travel, accommodations and meal allowances will be provided.
- The work term is approx. 25-30 consecutives days onsite; workdays are Monday to Friday at approx. 10-12hrs per day.
- Attractive compensation package.
About Maven Consulting Limited
We are a vibrant, professional Project and Construction Management company with a vast array of global experience located in beautiful Vancouver British Columbia.
As MAVENs (meaning trusted expert) for the power utilities industry, we leverage deep domain expertise in generation, transmission and distribution systems helping our clients provide the world with energy, and powering future generations.
In addition to Maven being both BCCSA COR and EGBC OQM certified, we recognise that our clients appreciate our support of the wider community, ensuring a positive future for our fellow citizens. To demonstrate this, we donate 1% of company revenue into local community projects, supporting young talent and sustaining the places in which we operate.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding work environment and want to be a part of growing Vancouver’s premier engineering consultancy, we would love to hear from you.
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be invited to interview based on their fit with this advertised role. Note – Only people eligible to work in Canada should apply, no international candidates will be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- construction: 10 years (Required)