Teaching/ Therapeutic Assistant
Full Time Contract
Specialized Programs and Services to Support the Development of Young Children
Providence is a vibrant, registered charity with a long and established history of providing a therapeutic and
educational environment to preschool children with a variety of developmental delays and disabilities. You will
have the opportunity to enhance the health and development of children and their families.
We are currently seeking energetic and dynamic individuals with a passion for working with young children to
join our school as a Teaching/ Therapeutic Assistant (TA) from August 2020. The hours of work are 8:00 am –
4:00 pm (Monday to Friday) on school days.
Under the direction of the Classroom Teacher and working as a team with other room staff and therapists, the
TA delivers quality care to the children in accordance with the goals and principles of Providence and the
children’s Individual Program Plans (where applicable).
- Applying your knowledge of child development to assist in the children’s individual program plan
- To assist in the planning and implementation of classroom programs
- Follow the daily lesson plans, participate in all aspects of the program
- Provide a welcoming and supportive atmosphere for parents/ guardians with an ongoing flow of
communication regarding their child
- Maintain confidentiality and a patient, supportive, and enthusiastic commitment to the children
- Establish trust and rapport with the children
- Comfortable and competent working with technology to support children’s learning
- Utilize strategies that are developmentally appropriate for early leaners when responding to children
with challenging behaviors.
- Work as an effective team member and collaboratively with other school personnel, parents
/guardians, therapists and teaching staff
- Completion of a Human Services Diploma or Degree in a related field from a recognized college or
university is preferred.
- Must have valid First Aid and CPR certificates
- Experience working with children that display challenging behavior, or have disabilities.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills (written, verbal and listening), teamwork and time
- Successful practicum experience with good references is an asset
- Personal suitability NOTE: This position requires lifting and carrying demands that require the ability to
bend at the waist, stoop, and twist frequently, the ability to lift up to 40 lbs, the ability to carry, push
and pull up to 40 lbs, and the ability to stand, walk and sit frequently.
Please submit your resume via email to the attention of Ime Omoz - Human Resources Advisor.
Learn more about us at: