Care. Compassion. Love. Respect.
Pretty much sums up the needs of those who live and work in our long-term care centres. Our Long Term Care Services Plan will guide our work over the next 4 years and plays a key role in the Region of Peel’s vision of Community for Life.
Are you an experienced PSW with Adult Day Program experience that brings passion and care to the work they do? Come join our family and make a positive difference in people’s lives!
What's an Absolute Requirement? Availability! We are looking for candidates who are available and willing to take on a variety of shifts throughout the week and weekends
Adult Day Support Worker
Sheridan Villa LTC (QEW & Erin Mills Prkwy area)
Health Services – Long Term Care
Reporting to the Adult Day and Community Services Supervisor (or designate) the Adult Day Support Worker will be responsible for the provision of personal care to clients attending the Adult Day Programs. As part of the interdisciplinary team, with the overall goal of delivering quality, client centred services, you will promote clients' dignity and self esteem by encouraging independence within a secure and stimulating environment.
- Provides a variety of services to meet individual needs including activities of daily living
- Provides assistance with medications
- Serves and assists with meals and monitors safe consumption
- Monitors basic health of participants and reports unusual concerns to Supervisor
- Provides guidance and advice to volunteers and placement students and assists in orientation of new staff
- Promotes an atmosphere of comfort and security for clients
- Contributes to the development of a personalized plan for the care needs of each client
- Maintains documentation and performs job responsibilities in accordance with policies, procedures and legislated standards
- Personal Support Worker Certificate, graduation from a program whose curriculum has been approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities is required
- Previous experience of at least one (1) year in a community setting or an Adult Day Service or Long Term Care setting is preferred
- Must have and maintain a valid CPR/First Aid Certification
- The Food Handler Training is required
- Pharmacology Certification is required
- Computer skills are required as well as other technological tools to perform routine duties
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and a good understanding of customer service concepts
- Must be able to communicate appropriately with the clients, staff, visitors, volunteers and medical professionals
- Must be able to work well with others in a team setting
Location: 2460 Truscott Drive, Mississauga (Sheridan Villa LTC)
Hours of Work: Various part-time shifts between the hours of 8:00am - 9:00pm.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
Please note: Successful candidates hired to work within any of The Region of Peel’s Long Term Care Homes are required to provide the following information prior to hire:
Vulnerable Sector Police Check
TB Skin Testing
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees who commence employment on or after October 1, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated, a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.