The Residence Inn by Marriott Calgary Downtown/Beltline District has 390 modern long-stay suites and caters to business and family leisure travellers looking for an extended-stay hotel as well as to groups and meeting attendees with a 10,000 sq. ft. Conference Centre. Guestrooms feature full kitchens and separate living and sleeping areas and provide seamless connectivity to the home and office with complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi throughout, free hot breakfast daily, complimentary grocery delivery, 24-hour onsite food and beverage market, health and fitness options and comfortable public areas, including a terrace lounge and roof deck for relaxation and socializing.
Reporting to the Guest Services Manager and working with the Guest Services Supervisors, the Lobby/Valet Service Associate is responsible for ensuring that the guest is greeted, that his or her luggage and other immediate needs are cared for, and guest/company vehicles are driven with extreme care. He/She is directly responsible for carrying the guest’s luggage to and from the assigned room, and for ensuring that the guest is property settled in a room, according to Hotel standards.
- Create a helpful and friendly atmosphere for arriving and departing guests.
- Assist guests in lifting and carrying luggage or packages to designated areas in the Hotel.
- Handle guest needs, and complaints in a calm, understanding manner.
- Use extreme care and proper loading habits when handling guest luggage and using luggage carts.
- Ensure timely retrieval of all luggage, packages etc. that have been checked at the bells stand- using proper documentation procedures.
- Valet parking of guest vehicles
- Describe thoroughly Hotel amenities and provide information on area attractions and directions.
- Answer phone within required time frame.
- Ensure cleanliness and tidiness of work area using free time for cleaning.
- Maintain a sense of professionalism at all times.
- Keeping adequate supplies of brochures, maps, and tourist information available for guest use
- Arrangement of transportation, reservations or services for guests as required.
- Maintain post (visibility) in lobby and/or front entrance when not assisting a guest to ensure visibility and availability for all guests.
- Complete all required checklists/paperwork during shift as required. Includes but not limited to: valet list, check out log, daily checklist, valet
- Respond promptly to all requests by guests and employees and informing appropriate contact of maintenance deficiencies, guest concerns or service issues.
- Work closely with all hotel departments to improve service delivery and efficiency.
- Participate in committees, focus group meetings and departmental meetings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards, according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Ensure adherence to the Hotel’s policy regarding security of bedrooms and keys.
- Provide support per the Emergency Response Plan as directed.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by department heads/senior managers.
- Diploma/degree in Hospitality and Tourism an asset
- Previous Hotel/Resort experience in customer service a definite asset
- Demonstrated customer service, organizational, interpersonal, and administration skills.
- Must have valid drivers license with excellent record and able to drive automatic and 5 speed vehicles.
- Ability to work within and meet deadlines with proven ability to multi task.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with regard to scheduling inclusive of weekends and holidays.
- Must have an understanding of Hotel health & safety policies and procedures.
- Must be upbeat, outgoing, and self-motivated.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift at least 40 lbs.
- Ability to communicate professionally with a radio.
- First Aid certification an asset.
- A criminal background and credit check are required for this role prior to confirmation of employment.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
Thank you for your interest in Atlific Hotels, however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
ATLIFIC HOTELS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time