The Moran Group is formed around 4 company's, Moran Mining and Tunnelling / Moran Mining USA / Mine Equipment Resources and Moran Property's. Moran Mining was formed in 1988 and continues to grow and widen its areas of expertise.
The Moran Group is looking for a full time experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements for our 4 company's.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all financial reporting, including A/P, A/R, payroll, cash management, vendor & customer account maintenance, oversee inventory management, and prepare monthly/quarterly financial reports for 4 companies within the group.
- Preparation of year-end documents for various companies.
- Preparation of weekly report statements to company President.
- Prepare remittances including H.S.T, source deductions, Corporate Tax Instalments, EHT, WSIB & garnishee payments.
- Office general administration and some executive assistant duties.
- Assist with other financial duties and projects, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum three (3-5) years experience of financial and accounting experience.
- Administration and data entry, maintain effective and efficient file retrieval system.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks
- Experience in services related to payroll such as writing checks and submitting payroll taxes
- Good verbal and written communication skills must be able to multi task.
- Positive attitude and company focused.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- office management: 4 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Greater Sudbury, ON (Preferred)
- Monitoring company accounts and conducting quarterly reviews
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Preparing financial statements (e.g. balance sheet, P&L, statement of cash flows)
- Tax preparation
- Processing expense reports
- Cost reduction proposals
- Conducting audits to ensure adherence to statutory and regulatory requirements
- Presenting budgets and reports to upper management
- Reviewing and maintaining internal controls processes and systems