Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 30 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating over 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Do you have Ecommerce Development experience using Hybris or Java Spring?
Are you ready to take your career as a Developer to the next level?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed
Companies and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
Why not join us?
Team Lead, Ecommerce and Corporate Applications
The Team Lead is a great opportunity to providing leadership to a small development team, be a part of setting the
foundation for the Longo’s Ecommerce application as well as maintain Longo’s corporate applications.
What you’ll do:
What we are looking for:
- Serve as a technical subject-matter-expert through all phases of the development life cycle; scoping, planning,
- design, implementation and testing
- Plan and coordinate daily activities of developers assigned to IT projects, enhancements and support issues
- Motivate, coach and train developers to achieve strategic goals providing feedback to IT Applications Manager
- Conduct interviews with business stakeholders to review requests or identify issues, gaps and requirements
- Act as a lead on policies, procedures and technical issues
- Architect viable solutions that are optimized for maintainability, performance and scalability
- Analyze, prioritize and validate estimates for enhancements and project work
- Participate in vendor discussions and manage vendor deliverables in accordance with SOW/enhancement requests
- Maintain and enhance existing applications to address strategic business deliverables
- Support and maintain application roadmaps
- Review and ensure issues are resolved within agreed service-level-agreements escalating issues and concerns
- Enforce, understand and contribute to development standards and processes
- University/College Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in a senior developer or IT lead role providing recommendations and system architecture
- Comprehensive knowledge of ecommerce applications (i.e. Hybris, Java Spring)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Corporate Applications (i.e. Marketing CRM, MicroStrategy, Ceridian Dayforce) would be an
- Possess a superior technical aptitude and provide leadership and coaching to a small team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to new situations, as well as new and changing processes, programs and services
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical individuals
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Fast paced, extreme high pressure situations with tight deadlines
- 24x7 support including holidays and weekends may be required at times
- Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6