Reporting to the Operations the successful candidate will be responsible to work with our team for the repair and maintenance of our hotel, residential and commercial properties. The Maintenance Technician Lead shall perform general handyman duties, renovation, and other related tasks on properties owned and managed by the employer and its affiliated companies within the Edmonton areas. This role requires ability to perform administrative tasks daily.
- Comply with Health and Safety and WHMIS requirements for Personal Protective Equipment.
- Maintaining the physical integrity of the assigned facility through general maintenance and up-keep. Perform regular property inspections and repairs of common areas, building exterior, and landscape.
- Perform repair and maintenance related to mechanical, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.
- Completing physically demanding work which includes the use of ladders, power tools and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Applying knowledge of building HVAC, plumbing, electrical, DDC BAS systems, fire and life safety systems.
- Drywall, paintings, flooring repair and installation
- Maintain working knowledge of environmental safeguards and alarm systems.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor.
- General clean-up of interior and exterior of assigned facility as required
- Administrative duties including updating and maintaining of the work order system
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid Class 5 license and own reliable vehicle - Fuel allowance provided
- Proven relevant mechanical/electrical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills.
- Knowledge and experience with mechanical systems plumbing, electrical and carpentry.
- Background in staff management
- Ability to work independently, has practical hands on experience servicing multiple buildings on a daily basis,
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Must have clean driving records and basic hand tools.
- Must have satisfactory Police security clearance.
- Ability to multi-task and remain detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
Education & Experience:
- 5th Class Power Engineering certificate and at least 3 years work related experience.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and maintenance related software
- Previous experience in residential and commercial property maintenance or related field.
- Must be able to operate power tools and equipment, and familiar with cleaning products.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
Please apply in confidence, by submitting your Cover Letter and Resume with salary expectations.
Pay will be based on ability and qualifications
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)