This posting is to hire one permanent full-time (75 hours bi-weekly) position.
An eligibility list will be established and will be used to fill permanent and term positions that become available.
Who we are…
Mental Wellness and Substance Use Services (MWSUS) provides care and treatment to clients seeking live-in or outpatient services for mental wellness and/or substance use issues. The Intensive Treatment Program provides a range of treatment options, some of which are live-in, to meet the needs of people living with harms from substance use.
What your role is…
As a Supervisor of Treatment Support Workers (TSWs), you play an active and essential role in the daily operations of the treatment programs. Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor of Intensive Treatment, you are responsible for planning, leading, implementing and evaluating the delivery and operation of supportive, recreational and psycho-social services within the Intensive Treatment Program. You are a key member of the team and participate regularly in the development of plans, policies, strategies, and programs to improve client service delivery, staff development and safety.
For more information about this position, please contact Kaelin Sheaden (Clinical Supervisor, Intensive Treatment Program) at email@example.com
For more information about the process please contact Kelly Jiang (HR Consultant) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not email resumes to the email address above; resumes may only be accepted through E-recruitment, found here. Please create an account to upload your resume.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Ensure a month/year format is used for each work experience. Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Post-secondary courses or certificate in human services, social work, psychology, or counselling
- Recent and significant supervisory experience including recruitment, policy development, performance and training management;
- Experience helping manage the health of individuals living with substance use issues and complex mental health concerns
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team, including but not limited to medical professionals, counsellors, social workers, support staff, etc.
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Understanding and engaging in quality improvement processes
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of trauma-informed, culturally safe intervention and practice for substance use and mental health
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work with and lead a variety of disciplines in a team atmosphere
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Supervisory experience, including the ability to mentor, coach and transfer knowledge to staff
- Ability to identify, analyze, develop and implement improved methods for service issues, problems and situations
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and professional partnerships
- Strong organizational and time management skills to support a diverse team
Conditions of Employment: Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence, TB Screening, RCMP Check with Vulnerable Sector
Job Requirements: Lift up to 50 lbs, occasional night shifts, walk for 25%-30% of shift, occasional exposure to cigarette smoke, possible exposure to other illicit substances