RBC is changing how people think about and interact with the bank on a daily basis. We want to be more than just transactional and episodic, and are finding new and innovative ways to be an essential part of everyone’s daily life. At RBC Ventures we think and act like startups - exploring new ideas that are often completely unrelated to traditional banking products.
What We Are Looking For…
We're building a fully distributed microservices architecture using React, React Native, Node.js, and AWS.
What you will do?
- Look outside for opportunities to disrupt from within and continually expand what is possible through technology
- Work within a cross functional team aimed at delivering high valued solutions
- Code, test and implement full stack solutions to meet business needs
- Create intuitive, robust and reusable user interfaces using modern frameworks
- Maintain code quality and best practices across the front-end team
- You think digital first and believe all customer experiences should be simple and effective
- A creative problem solver that can develop a plan, take ownership of tasks, and are outcome focused
- A team player, technical mentor, keen to coach others and share ideas with your team
- An exceptional communicator able to articulate technical issues in plain language
- You keep up to date on web and mobile development trends and understanding how it applies to our customers needs
- You understand web and application security
What do you need to succeed?
You enjoy working as part of an agile team
You've built and maintained products that made it out to production
5 - 7 years of solid hands-on experience with a variety of programming languages and frameworks (ReactJS, NodeJS, React Native, Android and IOS mobile frameworks):
o 2+ years of experience of backend development in Node.js building APIs / Microservices
o Experience with ReactJS and React Native (native mobile development)
Desire to learn about all aspects of the software stack including mobile, web, database, architecture, and cloud computing
You write tests for your code
You have opinions but are open-minded enough to change them as you learn
You enjoy mentoring and otherwise helping your teammates grow in their knowledge and experience
Experience with source control (e.g. Git,+ Github) and modern software delivery techniques and tools
Nice To Haves
Post-secondary degree or diploma in a computer or design related program
2+ years with experience in the development of the Front-End React and React Native applications
waterfall is your mortal enemy
you know how the cloud works and you have experience with deployment automation
you understand relational databases
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
techops VenturesTO DIG
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
20 Bay street